ATP Cincinnati 2022: Medvedev vs Tsitsipas prediction and betting tips (August 20)
Daniil Medvedev has won seven out of nine H2H matches against Stefanos Tsitsipas. Will he win this one to qualify for the next stage?
Tsitsipas has won two of the last four matches against Medvedev.
Tsitsipas has won two of the last four matches against Medvedev.
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 ATP Cincinnati will take place on Saturday, 20 August 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Lindner Family Tennis Center, Cincinnati.

Latest odds on betting sites

Daniil Medvedev is priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 67%. Stefanos Tsitsipas comes with the odds of 3.00 (+200; 2/1) to win this match. The chances of his victory are around 33%.

The latest odds for Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (August 20):

  • Over 22.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Under 22.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Medvedev — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Medvedev — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Tsitsipas — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Match preview and statistics

Daniil Medvedev pulled Taylor Fritz (7-6, 6-3) down in the most recent fixture.

Fritz received his first break point in the second game of the first set, but he did not convert it. He reached a 40-15 score in the sixth game, but did not convert two more break points. Taylor Fritz received three break points in the 10th and 12th games, but they were not converted. Medvedev did not receive a break point, but he was much stronger in tie-breaks. Medvedev won it with a 7-1 score.

Daniil Medvedev won the first three games in the second set. Then the tennis players traded winning service games. They did not give each other break points opportunities and did not lose more than 30 points per service game to finish the set with a 6-3 score. Medvedev did not make a double fault in this set.

Daniil Medvedev has won seven of the last eight matches with a 2-0 score. Correct score – 2-0 in favor of Medvedev is priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in this semi-final.

Stefanos Tsitsipas destroyed John Isner (7-6, 5-7, 6-3) in the previous stage.

In the first set, the tennis players were absolutely equal. They did not give each other break point opportunities and did not lose more than 30 points per service game. In tie-breaks, Stefanos Tsitsipas was a bit stronger and finished it with a 7-5 score.

The second set was approximately similar to the first one. They did not give each other break point opportunities to a 5-5 score. In the 11th game, John Isner reached a 40-15 score, and converted one out of three break points. Then he finished the set in his favor. Both tennis players made one double fault each.

We saw only one break point in the third set. Stefanos Tsitsipas received it in the eighth game and finished it successfully to win the set. He did not make a double fault and did not give his rival a break point opportunity. Stefanos Tsitsipas won 77% of service points and 35% of return points.

A total of over 9.5 games in the second set has played out in four of the last five matches with Stefanos Tsitsipas participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) this time.

Daniil Medvedev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas H2H

Daniil Medvedev beat Stefanos Tsitsipas (7-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1) in the 1/2 finals of the 2022 Australian Open. He won 90% of service games and 82% of service points. Medvedev won four return games and 34% of return points. He converted four break points and saved two out of four breaks.

Stefanos Tsitsipas made only one double fault in four sets. He won 79% and 10% of service and return games, respectively. He won 66% of service points and 18% of return points. Tsitsipas converted two out of four break points.

Prediction and betting tips

Daniil Medvedev has qualified for the final in three of the last five tournaments. He is close to qualifying for the fourth one. In the last H2H match, Medvedev beat Tsitsipas with a 3-1 score. The Greek tennis player won only one set with a close score. Also, Medvedev has defeated three rivals in this tournament with a 2-0 score. He met Fritz, Shapovalov and Van De Zandschulp to qualify for the current stage.

Stefanos Tsitsipas was close to being eliminated by John Isner in the quarter-final. The tennis players were absolutely equal, but Tsitsipas made one fewer mistake in tie-breaks to win that fixture. He is not able to beat Medvedev in his current form, but Tsitsipas plays confidently and does not give his rivals a lot of break point opportunities. That is the reason why I believe to see a total of over 21.5 games.

Betting prediction: Daniil Medvedev to win & Over 21.5 games

Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional)


TennisATP. 2022 Cincinnati. Semi-final.
Daniil Medvedev — Stefanos Tsitsipas
Lost
Daniil Medvedev to win & Over 21.5 games
2.25
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!