The Djokovic vs Fritz fixture in the final of the 2022 ATP Finals will take place on Saturday, November 19 2022, starting at 1:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Pala Alpitour, Turin.
Latest odds on betting sites
Novak Djokovic comes with the odds of 1.25 (-400 American; 1/4 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 77%. Otherwise, Taylor Fritz has 4.00 (+300; 3/1) odds to win this match. Therefore, the chances of his victory are around 23%.
The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Taylor Fritz (November 19):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Fritz — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Djokovic — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Fritz — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Djokovic — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
Match preview and statistics
Novak Djokovic smashed Daniil Medvedev (6-3, 6-7, 7-6) in the most recent match.
In the first set, we did not see anything special before a 3-4 score in favour of the Serbian tennis player. In the eighth game, Novak Djokovic converted a single break point opportunity. Then he successfully finished one out of two set points to open the score in this match.
He won 75% and 43% of service and return points in this set.
The second set was similar to the first one. The tennis players were approximately equal. Novak Djokovic had two break points in the third and ninth games. In the 10th game, Medvedev reached a 40-30 score but did not convert three set points. Despite this, he won the match in tie-breaks.
In the first seven games of the last set, the tennis players were equal and did not give each other break point opportunities. In the ninth game, Medvedev completed a break to reach a 5-4 score, but Djokovic levelled it in the next game. The Serb played flawlessly in tie-breaks and finished it with a 7-2 score in his favour.
Novak Djokovic has won all four bo3 H2H matches against Taylor Fritz with a 2-0 score. The exact score comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this semi-final.
Taylor Fritz won over Felix Auger-Aliassime (7-6, 6-7, 6-2) in the last fixture of the group stage.
The tennis players showed equal performances in the first set. They did not give each other more than 30 points in service games. Taylor Fritz was a bit stronger in tie-breaks and finished it with a 7-4 score. Besides, the tennis players did not make any double faults.
In the first return game of the second set, Felix Auger-Aliassime reached a 40-15 score but could not convert one out of three break point opportunities. Then both players were equal and did not lose more than 30 points per service game. Auger-Aliassime beat his rival in tie-breaks this time to level the score.
The last set's first four games reminded us of the previous two sets. We did not see any breaks, and the players were equal. However, Taylor Fritz won the next four games in a row to finish the set with a 6-2 score. He converted two out of five break point opportunities during these games.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in three of the last four matches with Taylor Fritz’s participation. The exact total comes with the odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20) this time.
Novak Djokovic vs Taylor Fritz H2H
Novak Djokovic has met Taylor Fritz five times in H2H matches and has a 5-0 score against him. The Serb has won all bo3 matches with a 2-0 score and a single bo5 game with a 3-2 score.
Prediction and betting tips
Novak Djokovic did not leave his group’s rivals any chance. He won the first two games against Andrey Rublev and Stefanos Tsitsipas, losing only 15 games. We see a close match between Djokovic and Medvedev, but the Serb guaranteed himself first place in the group before the match, which made him feel free in this game. Also, Novak Djokovic has played much better in H2H games against Taylor Fritz. Therefore, his win to nil looks safe.
The American tennis player beat Felix Auger-Aliassime in their second-place clash. However, we see a close match, and Taylor was able to lose the game with a 0-2 score. Also, he lost his fixture against Casper Ruud, who is not in his best shape now. I am not sure that Fritz will create a sensation against the Serb in the semi-final.
Betting prediction: Novak Djokovic to win with a 2-0 score
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)