The Taylor Fritz vs Andrey Rublev fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 ATP Indian Wells will take place on Saturday, 19 March 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Indian Wells.
Latest odds on betting sites
Andrey Rublev is priced with the odds of 1.45 (-222 American; 9/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 67%. Taylor Fritz comes with the odds of 3.00 (+200; 2/1) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 33%.
The latest odds for Taylor Fritz vs Andrey Rublev (March 19):
- Over 23.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Under 23.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Rublev — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Fritz — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Rublev — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Fritz — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
Match preview and statistics
Taylor Fritz took Miomir Kecmanovic (7-6, 3-6, 6-1) down in the quarter-final.
Both players were equal and we did not see break point before the sixth game of the first set. Taylor Fritz reached his first break point, but his rival saved it. Then they continued trading winning service games to a 5-5 score. Miomir Kecmanovic reached a 40-15 score in the 11th game, but he did not convert two break points. In tie-breaks, Taylor Fritz made just one mistake less than his rival to win the set.
Fritz had two break points in the first game of the second set, but it was finished in favor of Kecmanovic. The American tennis player received one more break point in the next return game, but was not able to finish it in his favor, again. In the fourth return game, Fritz did not finish successfully two more break points, whereas his rival reached a 40-0 score in the next game and converted the first break point.
Taylor Fritz showed his best performance in the last set. He won the first five games and players traded last service games to finish the set with a 6-1 score. Fritz won 89% of service points and 50% of return points in the set.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in the last three matches with Taylor Fritz participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this semi-final.
Andrey Rublev won over Grigor Dimitrov (7-5, 6-2) in the previous stage.
Andrey Rublev reached a 40-15 score in the second return game of the first set, but Dimitrov saved two break points. The Bulgarian tennis player received a break in the next game, but did not convert it too. Andrey Rublev converted a single break point in the next return game. Dimitrov reached a 40-0 score in the 10th game and finished it in his favor to level the score. In spite of this, Andrey Rublkev won the last two games to win the set.
Grigor Dimitrov won the first game of the second set confidently. However, Andrey Rublev showed absolutely brilliant performance after it. He won five games in a row. Rublev did not give his rivals break points in these five games. Then the tennis players saved one break point each to trade remaining service games.
Andrey Rublev extended his streak of 2-0 victories in this tournament in the previous stage. He is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) to win this match to nil.
Taylor Fritz vs Andrey Rublev H2H
Taylor Fritz defeated Andrey Rublev (7-5, 7-6) in the head-to-head game in the 2021 ATP Paris. The American tennis player won all 12 service games and one out of 12 return games. He won 76% and 22% of service and return games, respectively. Fritz saved and converted one break point each.
Andrey Rublev won 78% of service points and 24% of return points. However he lost one out of 12 service games and did not win a return game. Andrey Rublev did not make double faults in this match.
Prediction and betting tips
Taylor Fritz has created 38 break point opportunities in four matches of the 2022 ATP Indian Wells, whereas Andrey Rublev has saved approximately 64% out of 16 faced break points in this tournament and 65% of break points in this season. Fritz has met much weaker rivals than Rublev, but I believe that the game will be close, because Fritz is not a comfortable rival for Rublev.
The American tennis player has won two out of three best-of-three matches against Rublev. Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Fritz look safe. However, I believe that Rublev will win this match, because his current form is better than his rival’s form. His victory with a total of over 19.5 games may play out in this semi-final.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Fritz
Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Andrey Rublev to win & over 19.5 games
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)