ATP Miami Open 2022: Ruud vs Zverev prediction and betting tips (March 30)
Alexander Zverev has won all three head-to-head matches against Casper Ruud. Who will qualify for the next stage?
Casper Ruud has won 10 of the last 12 matches
Casper Ruud has won 10 of the last 12 matches
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Casper Ruud vs Alexander Zverev fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 ATP Miami will take place on Wednesday, 30 March 2022, starting at 21:00 p.m. EDT, which is 1:00 a.m. GMT on the next day.

Latest odds on betting sites

Casper Ruud is priced with the odds of 3.60 (+260 American; 13/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 25%. Alexander Zverev comes with the odds of 1.33 (-300; 1/3) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 75%.

The latest odds for Casper Ruud vs Alexander Zverev (March 30):

  • Over 21.5 games — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 21.5 games — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Zverev — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Ruud — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Zverev — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Ruud — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)

Match preview and statistics

Casper Ruud beat Cameron Norrie (6-3, 6-4) in the last game.

In the first set, the tennis players traded winning first service games. Then Ruud won three games in a row. He converted one out of two break points in the fourth one. In the third return game, Ruud reached a 40-15 score, but Norrie saved two break points. Then the tennis players performed flawlessly in remaining service games to a 6-3 score. Ruud did not give his rival break point opportunities and converted one out of four breaks.

Casper Ruud reached a 40-0 score in the second return game of the second set. He converted the third break point to finish the game in his favor. Then the tennis players traded winning service games to a 4-2 score. Ruud converted one more break point in the seventh game. Norrie won the next two games in a row and was close to level the score, but Ruud finally won the 10th game.

A total of under 9.5 games in the first set has played out in all three matches in the 2022 Miami Open with Casper Ruud participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) this time.

Alexander Zverev won over Thanasi Kokkinakis (6-4, 6-4) in the previous stage.

In the first set, both tennis players won the first two service games confidently. Zverev received a break point opportunity in the fifth game and converted it. In the seventh game, he had two break points, but Kokkinakis saved both. Alexander Zverev received two more break points in the fifth return game, but he did not convert them again.

The second set was exactly the same as the first. Alexander Zverev reached a 40-15 score and converted the third break point in the fifth game. Then both tennis players did not give each other break point opportunities in remaining games. They did not win more than 30 points per return game in these remaining games.

We have seen a total of under 20.5 games in four of the last six matches with Alexander Zverev participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this quarter-final.

Casper Ruud vs Alexander Zverev H2H

Alexander Zverev beat Casper Ruud (7-5, 6-4) in the 2021 Paris Open. He won all 11 service games and two out of 11 return games. Zverev received 10 break point opportunities and converted two of them. Also he saved all three break points and did not make a double fault.

Casper Ruud won 66% of service points, but only 22% of return points. He saved eight out of 10 break points and did not make double faults. He won nine out of 11 service games.

Prediction and betting tips

Casper Ruud has won 10 of the last 12 matches, but has not won a head-to-head match against Alexander Zverev. The German tennis player is in good form too. He has won five of the last six matches and has won all head-to-head games against Ruud to nil. Zverev’s rivals in this tournament were weaker than Ruud’s, but both tennis players performed outstandingly in the 2022 Miami Open.

Casper Ruud has won 89% of service games and 25% of return games in 2022. His stats in this season are a bit better than Zverev’s. I believe that he will be able to win a set against Zverev. Also, a total of over 21.5 games looks safe too, because they are approximately equal now. Besides, this outcome has played out in the last H2H match.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Ruud

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 21.5 games

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

TennisATP. 2022 Miami Open. Quarter-finals
Casper Ruud — Alexander Zverev
Over 21.5 games
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!