The Jannik Sinner vs Alexander Zverev fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 ATP Monte Carlo will take place on Friday, 15 April 2022, starting at 1:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Monte Carlo Country Club.
Latest odds on betting sites
Jannik Sinner is priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. Alexander Zverev comes with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 60%.
The latest odds for Jannik Sinner vs Alexander Zverev (April 15):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Zverev — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sinner — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Zverev — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Sinner — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Match preview and statistics
Jannik Sinner pulled Andrey Rublev (5-7, 6-1, 6-3) down in the previous round.
Andrey Rublev received a break point in the first game of the first set and easily converted it. He reached a 40-30 score in the next return game, whereas Sinner reached the same score in the sixth game, but they did not finish them successfully. After a 5-4 score, the tennis players traded return games and Rublev won the last service game to finish the set with a 7-5 score.
The Russian tennis player reached a 40-0 score in the first game and converted the third break point. However then Jannik Sinner won six games in a row to finish the set with a 6-1 score. He won 70% of service points and 71% of return points in this set. Also, Sinner completed three breaks and saved two out of three break points.
In the last set, both tennis players won their second return games. Then Jannik Sinner won the next two games. He lost the seventh one, but then took two more to win the last set with a 6-3 score. Sinner converted three break points and gave his rival only two break point opportunities.
A total of over 9.5 games in the first set has played out in six of the last seven matches with Jannik Sinner participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this fixture.
Alexander Zverev beat Pablo Carreno Busta (6-2, 7-5) in the last fixture.
The tennis players traded their first return games in the first set, and Alexander Zverev won the next three games to reach a 4-1 score. Carreno Busta won one more game, but then his rival won the last two games to finish the first set. He won 60% and 61% of service and return points, respectively.
Pablo Carreno Busta won the first two games in the second set. Then they traded second service games and Alexander Zverev won the next two games to level the score. He reached a 40-15 score in the 10th game, but did not convert two break points, but he converted a single one in the 12th game to finish the fixture.
Alexander Zverev has won four of the last five fixtures to nil. He is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to win this game with a 2-0 score.
Jannik Sinner vs Alexander Zverev H2H
Alexander Zverev eliminated Jannik Sinner (6-4, 6-4, 7-6) in the 2021 US Open. He won 94% of service games and 68% of points. Zverev won three return games and 36% of return points. The German tennis player saved six out of seven break points and converted three out of 11 breaks.
Jannik Sinner won 13 service games and one return game. He won 64% and 32% of service and return points, respectively. Sinner saved and converted eight and one break points, respectively.
Prediction and betting tips
Alexander Zverev played perfectly in the last game. He beat Pablo Carreno Busta confidently. Jannik Sinner won over Andrey Rublev, who is so strong now, in the previous stage. Also, he has won 10 of the last 12 matches, with two technical losses. In the last head-to-head game, Alexander Zverev played confidently, but all sets were close and Sinner performed well too. I believe that he is able to win a set.
We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in the first set in six of the last seven matches with Jannik Sinner participating and in the last two head-to-head games. Also, players look approximately equal now. I believe that this outcome will play out again.
Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games (1st set)
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Sinner
Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)