The Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 ATP Rome will take place on Saturday, 14 May 2022, starting at 12:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stadio del tennis di Roma, Rome.
Latest odds on betting sites
Stefanos Tsitsipas is priced with the odds of 1.67 (-150 American; 2/3 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 55%. Alexander Zverev comes with the odds of 2.35 (+135; 27/20) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 45%.
The latest odds for Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev (May 14):
- Over 22.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 22.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Tsitsipas — 2.45 (+145; 29/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Zverev — 1.55 (-182; 11/20)
- Asian handicap (-2.5) games on Tsitsipas — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+2.5) games on Zverev — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
Match preview and statistics
Stefanos Tsitsipas beat Jannik Sinner (6-3, 2-6, 6-4) in the last game.
He received a break point in the first return game of the first set and finished it successfully to reach a 2-0 score. Jannik Sinner had three break points in the next game, but he did not convert them. In the fifth game, Sinner reached a 40-15 score and converted the second break point. Stefanos Tsitsipas had a break point in the eighth game, but he did not convert it and the players performed confidently to a 6-6 score. In tie-breaks, Stefanos Tsitsipas was a bit stronger and finished it with a 7-5 score.
In the second set, Stefanos Tsitsipas performed flawlessly. In the third game, Stefanos Tsitsipas reached a 40-0 score and finished the second break point successfully. After a 2-3 score, Tsitsipas won the last three games in a row to finish the set with a 6-2 score. In the seventh game, Tsitsipas converted the first break point. Also, he saved a single one in the last game.
A total of over 2.5 sets has played out in four of the last five matches with Stefanos Tsitsipas participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this fixture.
Alexander Zverev met Cristian Garin (7-5, 6-2) in the previous stage.
In the sixth game of the first set, Cristian Garin reached a 40-15 score, but Alexander Zverev saved all break points and finished the set in his favor. The German tennis player reached the same score in the next return game and converted one out of two break points. Cristian Garin won the next return game to level the score. Alexander Zverev did not finish one more break point successfully in the ninth game, but he won the next three games to finish the set with a 7-5 score.
Alexander Zverev dominated in the second set. He converted one out of two break points in the first game and won the second one. Also, Zverev had two more break points in the second return game, but he did not convert both. In the fifth game, the German tennis player reached a 40-15 score and converted the third break point. The tennis players traded the remaining games to finish the set with a 2-6 score.
Alexander Zverev has won all matches in this tournament with a 2-0 score. He is priced with the odds of 3.80 (+280; 14/5) to win over Stefanos Tsitsipas to nil.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Alexander Zverev H2H
Alexander Zverev defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas (6-4, 3-6, 6-2) in the 2022 ATP Rome. He won 12 service games and three return games. Zverev saved one out of two break points and converted three break points in this match. He won 76% and 34% of service and return points, respectively.
Stefanos Tsitsipas did not make a double. He won 79% of service games and 66% of points. Tsitsipas won only one return game and 24% of return points. He saved two break points and converted a single one.
Prediction and betting tips
Alexander Zverev met Stefanos Tsitsipas in the semi-final of their last tournament. He played a bit better than Stefanos Tsitsipas and has shown a more confident performance in this tournament, but he has not met a strong rival. Stefanos Tsitsipas has finished three out of two matches in this tournament in three sets. He has destroyed Jannik Sinner, Karen Khachanov and Grigor Dimitrov. Both tennis players are strong now.
I believe that we will see a close game in three sets. The same outcome has played out in three of the last four H2H matches and in four of the last five matches with Stefanos Tsitsipas participating.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)