The Ashleigh Barty vs Jessica Pegula fixture in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Australian Open will take place on Tuesday, 25 January 2022, starting at 08:00 a.m. GMT. The venue is Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne. Ashleigh Barty vs Jessica Pegula (January 25) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Ashleigh Barty vs Jessica Pegula (January 25) latest odds on betting sites
Ashleigh Barty is priced with the odds of 1.16 (-625 American; 4/25 Fractional) to qualify for the semi-finals, which equals an approximate probability of 84%. Jessica Pegula comes with the odds of 6.00 (+500; 5/1) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are approximately equal to 16%.
The latest odds for Ashleigh Barty vs Jessica Pegula (January 25):
- Over 19.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 19.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Barty — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Pegula — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
- Asian handicap (-5.5) games on Barty — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (+5.5) games on Pegula — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Ashleigh Barty vs Jessica Pegula (January 25) match preview and stats
Ashleigh Barty won over Amanda Anisimova (6-4, 6-3) in the Round of 16 to qualify for the current stage.
In the first set, Amanda gave Ashleigh a breakpoint in the first game, but the latter did not convert it. Then Barty had two more breakpoints in the fifth game but did not convert them too. She started the seventh game with a 40-0 score and finally converted the third breakpoint. Anisimova had a chance to level the score in the next game, but she did not convert it and let Barty finish the game with a 6-4 score.
Amanda started the second set better. She saved a breakpoint in the first service game and converted one in the first return game. However, Ashleigh won two sets in a row to level the score. Then both tennis players traded winning service games, and Barty pulled off a streak of four winning games in a row. She did not give Pegula breakpoint opportunities during these games and needed only one breakpoint to finish return games in her favor. Overall, she converted 60% of breakpoints and saved 67% of them.
Ashleigh Barty has won all matches in the 2022 Australian Open with a total of under 19.5 games. The same result here is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5).
Jessica Pegula beat Maria Sakkari (7-6, 6-3) in the most recent match of the 2022 Australian Open.
Jessica won the first two games in the first set to nil and performed confidently in service games to a 3-2 score. The next game started with a 40-0 score in favor of Sakkari, and she converted the second breakpoint to level the score. Jessica won two more games in a row and had a breakpoint in the ninth game, but she did not convert it, and Maria leveled the score. Both tennis players traded their sixth service games. However, then Jessica absolutely dominated in tie-breaks and finished the set with a 7-6 score.
Pegula easily won the first game in the second set. Then both tennis players did not convert their breakpoints to a 2-1 score, right before Maria failed to save one in the fourth game. After that they played flawlessly in service games and did not give each other breakpoint opportunities. Jessica made two double faults and saved 100% of breakpoints in the set.
We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in the first set in the last seven matches with Jessice Pegula participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10).
Ashleigh Barty vs Jessica Pegula H2H
Ashleigh Barty beat Jessica Pegula (6-3, 6-3) in their single H2H fixture in the 2019 French Open. She made two double faults in two sets. The Australian tennis player won six out of nine service games and 55% of points. Also, Barty won 67% and 60% of return games and points, respectively. She converted six out of seven breakpoints and saved 50% of them.
Jessica won only 33% of all games in the match and made two double faults. She won 40% of service points and saved only one out of 17 breakpoints. Besides, Pegula won 45% of return points and converted three breakpoints.
Ashleigh Barty vs Jessica Pegula (January 25) betting tips and prediction
Ashleigh Barty is in unbelievable form now. She has a streak of seven victories with a 2-0 score. Barty has won 15 of the last 16 matches. She will qualify for the next stage for sure.
Jessica Pegula has played well in this tournament too. However, her performance in the most recent match, against Maria Sakkari, was not flawless in spite of the result. Besides, Pegula lost a single head-to-head match against Barty without a chance. I believe that Barty will win this match with a total of under 19.5 games. However, I believe that we will see a total of over 9.5 games in the first set, because Jessica often shows her best play in this set.
Betting prediction: Ahleigh Barty to win & under 19.5 games
Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games (1st set)
Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional)