The Boston Bruins vs Carolina Hurricanes fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 18 January 2022, starting at 07:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 00:00 p.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is TD Garden, Boston.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Boston Bruins are priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 44%. The Hurricanes come with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 35%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 23/5), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.
The latest odds for Bruins vs Hurricanes (18 January 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Bruins — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Hurricanes — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
Match preview and stats
The Boston Bruins are fourth in the Atlantic Division with 46 points in 35 fixtures. They have 22 victories, 11 losses and two draws in the full-time.
In the last match, the Bruins won over the Nashville Predators (4-3 OT). In the first period, Bruce Cassidy’s boys played a bit better. They made 10 shots on target, whereas the Predators made six shots. The Boston Bruins completed nine defensive actions. In the fourth minute, Craig Smith scored the first goal. Then Mike Reilly scored the second goal in the eighth minute. In the 15th minute, Colton Sissons scored the first goal for the Predators.
The Boston Bruins attacked well in the second period, but they did not finish successfully even one of their 18 shots on target. The Bruins completed 16 defensive actions, however they let the Predators score a goal. In the 28th minute, Luke Kunin leveled the score.
Bruce Cassidy’s men played a bit better than their rivals in the last period. They made 13 shots on target, whereas their rivals made 11. In the 44th minute, Brad Marchand scored a goal in powerplay. In the 47th minute, Roman Josi leveled the score to a draw in 60 minutes. In the 62nd minute, Taylor Hall scored the last goal to win the match for the Bruins.
The Boston Bruins attacked well in the lash H2H match against the Hurricanes. They made 33 shots on target, but lost the match because their performance in defence was not perfect. They completed 36 defensive actions only.
We have seen a total over 5.5 goals in seven of the last nine fixtures with the Bruins’ participation. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) in this game.
Boston Bruins team news: Jakub Zboril — knee injury, Nick Foligno —upper body injury, Trent Frederic — lower body injury.
The Carolina Hurricanes are second in the Metropolitan Division. They took 52 points in 35 fixtures. In the most recent match, the Hurricanes beat the Vancouver Canucks (4-1).
The Hurricanes attacked well in the first period. They made 12 shots on target, whereas the Canucks made seven shots, with both teams scoring a goal. In the ninth minute, Sebastian Aho scored the first goal in powerplay. Then Bo Horvat leveled the score in the 14th minute.
The Hurricanes played a bit better in the second period. They made 10 shots on target and successfully finished two of them, with the Canucks struggling in defence. Vincent Trocheck and Martin Necas scored their goals with Andrei Svechnikov’s help in the 22nd and 25th minutes, respectively.
The Vancouver Canucks performed statistically better than the Hurricanes in the last period but they still lost it. In the fifth minute, Steven Lorentz finished one of the 11 shots on target for his team with a goal.
The Carolina Hurricanes did not attack perfectly in the last H2H match against the Bruins but their performance in defence with 44 defensive actions was enough to win the fixture. They made 24 shots on target and scored three times.
We have seen a total over 1.5 goals in first periods in seven of the last eight fixtures with the Hurricanes participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this game.
Key players and lineups
Boston Bruins projected first lineup:
- Linus Ullmark
- Charlie McAvoy
- Derek Forbort
- Craig Smith
- Patrice Bergeron
- Brad Marchand
Brad Marchand is the eighth best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL. He scored 20 goals and made 23 assists in 30 fixtures. In the last match, Marchand scored a goal and made an assist.
Carolina Hurricanes projected first lineup:
- Frederik Andersen
- Brett Pesce
- Brady Skjei
- Sebastian Aho
- Seth Jarvis
- Teuvo Teravainen
Sebastian Aho scored the greatest number of goals for the Hurricanes this season (16) and made 22 assists.
Betting tips and prediction
The Boston Bruins look more stable now. They have a streak of five victories and have won eight of the last nine matches. They were defeated by the Hurricanes in the most recent H2H match but the Bruins attacked well. Besides, they have won three of the last four head-to-head games. I believe that they will be able to win the upcoming match.
Also, we have seen a total over 1.5 goals in the first period in seven of the last eight fixtures with the Hurricanes participating. This outcome looks safe too.
Betting prediction: Boston Bruins to win
Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Over 1.5 goals (1st period)
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)