Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning prediction and betting tips (March 24)
The Tampa Bay Lightning have won five of the last six head-to-head games against the Boston Bruins. Will they win one more?
Brad Marchand (Bruins) scored two out of three goals in the last game
Brad Marchand (Bruins) scored two out of three goals in the last game
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Thursday, 24 March 2022, starting at 6:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is TD Garden, Boston.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Boston Bruins are priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 38%. The Tampa Bay Lightning come with the odds of 2.65 (+165; 33/20) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 37%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1), which equals an approximate probability of 25%.

The latest odds for Bruins vs Lightning (24 March 2022):

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.35 (-286; 7/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Bruins — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)

Match preview and statistics

The Boston Bruins are fourth in the Atlantic Division. They received 83 points in 63 games. The Bruins won 39 matches, lost 19 fixtures in 60 minutes and five in overtime.

They beat the Montreal Canadiens (3-2 OT) in the last match. The Bruins played well in the first period. They made 14 shots on target and bagged one goal. In the 10th minute, Brad Marchand opened the score with Erik Haula and Connor Clifton’s help.

In the second period, both teams performed approximately equal. The Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins made 15 shots on target each. In the 29th minute, David Savard leveled the score.

The Boston Bruins played much better than their rivals in the last period. They made 16 shots on target, whereas their rivals made only five. The Bruins won 11 out of 19 face-offs, but completed only nine defensive actions. Joel Armia scored the second goal for the Canadiens in the 42nd minute, but Connor Clifton leveled the score in the 58th minute. In the first minute of overtime, Brad Marchand scored the last goal.

We have seen a total of over 5.5 games in seven of the last 11 matches with the Boston Bruins participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) this time.

Boston Bruins team news: Patrice Bergeron — hand injury, Jakub Zboril — knee injury.

The Tampa Bay Lightning are second in the Atlantic Division with 84 points in 62 games. They have 39 victories and 17 losses with six overtimes.

In the most recent match, Tampa were defeated by the Carolina Hurricanes (2-3). The Tampa Bay Lightning played a bit better in the first period, but they did not finish their moments successfully. Tampa made 10 shots on target and won 52% out of 27 face-offs. The Carolina Hurricanes made seven shots on target, but did not score a goal too.

In the second period, the Hurricanes attacked much better. They made 20 shots on target, whereas the Lightning made nine shots. Jon Cooper’s boys completed 26 defensive actions and won 19 face-offs. Martin Necas scored the first goal in the 27th minute, but Nick Paul leveled the score after three minutes. In the 34th minute, Anthony D'Angelo scored one more goal.

The Lightning did not play well in the last period too. They made 10 shots and won 11 out of 18 face-offs. In the 49th minute, Sebastian Aho scored one more goal. Alex Killorn scored the last goal in the 59th minute.

The Lightning have scored two or less goals in five of the last six matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) in this game.

Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.

Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H

The Boston Bruins won over the Tampa Bay Lightning (5-2) in the last H2H game. They made 30 shots on target and won 33 out of 61 face-offs. The Bruins completed 43 defensive actions.

The Tampa Bay Lightning made 29 shots on target and won 28 remaining face-offs. They completed seven blocks and three interceptions.

Lineups and key players

Boston Bruins projected first lineup:

  • Linus Ullmark
  • Charlie McAvoy
  • Derek Forbort
  • Craig Smith
  • Brad Marchand
  • David Pastrnak

Brad Marchand scored two out of three goals in the last game and two out of five goals in the most recent H2H game against Tampa. He has scored 27 goals and has made 35 assists in the 2021-22 NHL.

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Jan Rutta
  • Victor Hedman
  • Steven Stamkos
  • Anthony Cirelli
  • Ondrej Palat

Steven Stamkos is the 20th best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL. He scored 27 goals and made 39 assists in 61 matches.

Prediction and betting tips

The Tampa Bay Lightning are not in their best form now. They have lost five of the last seven matches. The Boston Bruins have won 12 of the last 15 matches and were better in the last H2H match against Tampa. The Tampa Bay Lightning have won the first period in three of the last six matches and drew two times. I believe that they will score in the first period. However, the Bruins look stronger at the moment. I believe that they will not lose this match. A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in three of the last four H2H matches. This outcome looks safe too.

Betting prediction: Tampa Bay Lightning to win (1st period)

Odds: 1.65 (-158 American; 13/20 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Boston Bruins not to lose & under 5.5 goals

Odds: 3.20 (+220 American; 11/5 Fractional)

Boston Bruins — Tampa Bay Lightning
Won
Boston Bruins not to lose & under 5.5 goals
3.20
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!