ATP Canadian Open 2022: Ruud vs Auger-Aliassime prediction and betting tips (August 12)
Casper Ruud and Felix Auger-Aliassime have met each other four times and they have won two H2H matches each. Who will win this time?
Casper Ruud has a streak of six victories and has won 18 of the last 23 matches.
Casper Ruud has a streak of six victories and has won 18 of the last 23 matches.
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Casper Ruud vs Felix Auger-Aliassime fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 ATP Canadian Open will take place on Friday, 12 August 2022, starting at 6:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is IGA Stadium, Montreal.

Latest odds on betting sites

Casper Ruud is priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Felix Auger-Aliassime comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to win this match. The chances of his triumph are around 55%.

The latest odds for Casper Ruud vs Felix Auger-Aliassime (August 12):

  • Over 23.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 23.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Auger-Aliassime — 2.50 (+150; 5/2)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Ruud — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) games on Auger-Aliassime — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) games on Ruud — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)

Match preview and statistics

Casper Ruud pulled Roberto Bautista Agut (6-7, 7-6, 6-4) down in the most recent match.

In the second game of the first set, Bautista Agut reached a 40-15 score, but Casper saved all three break points. In the sixth game, the Spanish tennis players received two more break point opportunities and finally converted one of them, but Ruud won the next return game to close the gap. Roberto Bautista Agut had one more break point, which may be the winning one, but Ruud saved it too. Despite this, Bautista Agut won the set in tie-breaks.

In the fourth game of the second set, Ruud reached a 40-15 score and converted the first break point to reach a 3-1 score, but Bautista Agut won the next two games to level the score. Then the tennis players played flawlessly and did not give each other break point opportunities. In tie-breaks, Ruud received a fast four points lead and finished the set in his favor.

The third set was a bit similar to the second one. Casper Ruud won the third return game to receive a two games lead, but Bautista Agut did not level the score this time. Also, Ruud did not give his rivals break point opportunities in all games in the set to finish the match in his favor.

A total of over 9.5 games in the first set has played out in four of the last five matches with Casper Ruud participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5) in this quarter-final.

Felix Auger-Aliassime defeated Cameron Norrie (6-3, 6-4) in the previous stage.

The tennis players were absolutely equal in the first set. They confidently won service games and did not give their rivals more than 30 points per game. However, in the eighth game, Felix Auger-Aliassime received the first and single break point opportunity in this set and converted it to win the first set.

In the first game of the second set, Felix Auger-Aliassime reached a 40-30 score, but Cameron Norrie saved it. Then the tennis players traded winning service games and did not give each other break points to a 3-3 score. In the seventh game, Norrie received his first break point and converted it. However, this triggered Felix Auger-Aliassime to win all remaining games and finish the set with a 6-4 score in his favor.

Felix Auger-Aliassime has won four of the last five matches with a 2-0 score. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) in this match.

Casper Ruud vs Felix Auger-Aliassime H2H

Casper Ruud defeated Felix Auger-Aliassime (6-1, 6-4) in the 2021 ATP Madrid. He absolutely dominated in this fixture. Ruud won all service games and three out of eighth return games. He created nine break point opportunities and converted 33% of them.

Felix Auger-Aliassime failed this match. He made four double faults in two sets and did not receive a break point opportunity. Also, he saved 67% of break points and won 53% and 27% of service and return points, respectively.

Prediction and betting tips

Casper Ruud has shown strong play in the middle of the season. He has a streak of six victories and has won 18 of the last 23 matches. Ruud beat Roberto Bautista Agut in the last match and Matteo Berrettini in the final of his previous tournament.

Felix Auger-Aliassime is not looking as strong as his next rival. He has lost five of the last 10 matches with three rivals out of top-100 ATP Ranking. He has lost five of the last six matches against opponents from top-10 ATP and was absolutely destroyed in the last H2H game against Casper Ruud. I believe that the Norwegian tennis player will finish this match in his favor to qualify for the next stage.

Betting prediction: Casper Ruud to win

Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional)

TennisATP. 2022 Canadian Open. Quarter-final.
Casper Ruud — Felix Auger-Aliassime
Won
Casper Ruud to win
2.30
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!