Carolina Hurricanes vs Colorado Avalanche prediction and betting tips (November 17)
The Colorado Avalanche have won four of the last five matches and three of the last four H2H matches against the Hurricanes. Will they win this one?
Mikko Rantanen was the first star in the last H2H match against the Hurricanes
Mikko Rantanen was the first star in the last H2H match against the Hurricanes
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Carolina Hurricanes vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Thursday, 17 October 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is PNC Arena, Carolina.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Carolina Hurricanes are priced with the odds of 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 33%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 47%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Carolina Hurricanes vs Colorado Avalanche (17 November 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Hurricanes — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)

Match preview and statistics

The Carolina Hurricanes defeated the Chicago Blackhawks (3-0) in the most recent game.

In the first period, the Hurricanes made 13 attempts to score and won 10 out of 20 face-offs. The Chicago Blackhawks completed 19 defensive actions, but it was not enough and they conceded two goals. Jordan Martinook and Jordan Staal scored their goals in this period.

The Blackhawks played much better in the second period. They made 11 shots and won 20 out of 28 face-offs. However, they did not score any goals, whereas the Hurricanes finished one out of 11 attempts to score successfully. In the 35th minute, Andrei Svechnikov scored the third goal in the match.

The Hurricanes made nine shots in the last period. Also, they completed two interceptions and won 50% of face-offs. The Chicago Blackhawks made eight attempts to score, but there were no goals in the last period.

Pyotr Kochetkov was the first star of the match. He saved all shots on target. Jordan Martinook and Brant Burns were the second and third stars of the match.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in four of the last five matches with the Hurricanes participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) this time.

The Colorado Avalanche lost a match against the Saint Louis Blues (2-3).

The Avalanche made 17 shots in the first period, but they were not lucky to score any goals. The Saint Louis Blues made 11 attempts to score and won 11 out of 17 face-offs, did not score a goal too.

In the second period, the Saint Louis Blues had two power play opportunities, but did not finish them successfully. In spite of that, the Blues finished three out of 15 attempts to score successfully. Mikko Rantanen scored a single goal for the Avalanche.

In the last period, the Colorado Avalanche made 18 shots on target and completed 14 defensive actions. In the 41st minute, Jordan Kyrou scored the third goal for his team. Artturi Lehkonen converted a power play opportunity in three minutes, but the Avalanche were not lucky to score more goals and lost the match.

Jordan Binnington was the second star of the match. He completed 45 saves. Mikko Rantanen was the third star with one goal and one assist.

We have seen six goals in the first period in the last seven matches. A total of under 1.5 goals is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) in the next match.

Carolina Hurricanes vs Colorado Avalanche H2H

The Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes (4-1) in the most recent H2H match. Mikko Rantanen helped to score the first three goals and bagged the last one to finish this match as the first star. Cale Makar and Nathan MacKinnon were the second and the third stars of the match with two and one goal, respectively.

Lineups and key players

Carolina Hurricanes projected starting lineup:

  • Antti Raanta
  • Jaccob Slavin
  • Calvin de Haan
  • Sebastian Aho
  • Martin Necas
  • Andrei Svechnikov

Martin Necas is the best scorer for the Hurricanes. He has seven goals and 12 assists in the 2022-23 season.

Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:

  • Alexandar Georgiev
  • Cale Makar
  • Devon Toews
  • Artturi Lehkonen
  • Nathan MacKinnon
  • Mikko Rantanen

Mikko Rantanen was the first star in the last H2H match against the Hurricanes and the third star in the last game. He has scored 11 goals and has made 14 assists in the 2022-23 NHL.

Prediction and betting tips

The Colorado Avalanche show a strong attack in the current season. They have scored 3.57 goals per game on average and have converted 37% of their power play opportunities. They have won four of the last five matches by at least two goals and beat the Hurricanes by three goals in their last H2H game.

The Carolina Hurricanes have lost three of the last five games. They beat the Chicago Blackhawks to nil, but they were not much stronger that time. In the last game against the Avalanche, they played badly.. Sebastian Aho and Martin Necas finished the match with a -2 impact index, whereas Andrei Svechnikov had -1.

Overall, the Avalanche are much stronger now and their victory looks safe. Also, we may see a total of under 6.5 goals. It has played out in four of the last five matches with the Hurricanes participating and in seven of the last eight H2H matches.

Betting prediction: Colorado Avalanche to win

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 16
Carolina Hurricanes — Colorado Avalanche
Won
Under 6.5 goals
1.75
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!