Colorado Avalanche vs Chicago Blackhawks prediction and betting tips (October 12)
The Chicago Blackhawks lost five out of six matches in the 2022-23 NHL preseason. Do they have any chances to beat current champions in the first round of the regular season?
Mikko Rantanen scored the winning goal in the last match against the Dallas Stars
Mikko Rantanen scored the winning goal in the last match against the Dallas Stars
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Colorado Avalanche vs Chicago Blackhawks fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 12 May 2022, starting at 9:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 1:30 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Ball Arena, Colorado.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Colorado Avalanche are priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 54%. The Chicago Blackhawks come with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 25%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 21%.

The latest odds for Colorado Avalanche vs Chicago Blackhawks (12 October 2022)

  • Over 5.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Blackhawks — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)

Match preview and statistics

The Colorado Avalanche came back against the Dallas Stars (2-1) in the most recent fixture.

In the first period, we did not see any goal. The Avalanche did not show a confident play. They did not have any penalty minutes and were two times in power play, but made only 10 shots, whereas the Stars completed 18 attempts to score.

The teams were approximately equal, but the Avalanche did not score again. In the 25th minute, Damiani Riley opened the score in favor of the Dallas Stars.

In the last period, the Avalanche played much better than their rivals to come back in this match. They made 15 shots and finished two of them successfully. Logan O'Connor and Mikko Rantanen scored the first and the second goal for their team in the 53rd and 58th minutes, respectively.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in four out of five matches in the 2022-23 NHL preseason with the Colorado Avalanche participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) in this game.

Colorado Avalanche team news: Gabriel Landeskog and Jacob MacDonald will ship the match due to their injuries.

The Chicago Blackhawks were absolutely destroyed by the Saint Louis Blues (0-6) in the last game.

In the first period, the Saint Louis Blues absolutely dominated. They made 10 shots and bagged three goals. The Blackhawks won 10 out of 17 face-offs and made seven shots, but did not score a goal. Ivan Barbashev, Nikita Alexandrov and Jordan Kyrou scored their goals.

The second period was similar to the first one. The teams made eight shots each, but the Blackhawks did not score again. Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, and Ivan Barbashev bagged three goals for the Blues.

In the last period, the Blackhawks had five power play minutes and did not have any penalty minutes. However, they made only nine shots and did not finish them successfully.

A total of under 1.5 goals by the Blackhawks has played out in the last four matches with them participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) this time.

Chicago Blackhawks team news: Boris Katchouk, Jake McCabe and Ian Mitchell are injured and will not participate in this fixture.

Colorado Avalanche vs Chicago Blackhawks H2H

The Colorado Avalanche beat the Chicago Blackhawks (6-4) in the most recent match. The current champions did not play as aggressively as their rivals. They made 27 shots, but converted 22% of them, whereas the Blackhawks x finished four out of 43 attempts to score successfully.

Gabriel Landeskog and Nazem Kadri were the first and the second stars of the match with three points, each. Patrick Kane scored two goals and made an assist to finish the match as the third star.

Lineups and key players

Colorado Avalanche projected first lineup:

  • Alexandar Georgiev
  • Cale Makar
  • Devon Toews
  • Artturi Lehkonen
  • J. T. Compher
  • Mikko Rantanen

Mikko Rantanen scored the winning goal in the last match against the Dallas Stars. Rantanen scored 41 goals and made 76 assists in 95 matches of the 2021-22 NHL season.

Chicago Blackhawks projected starting lineup:

  • Petr Mrazek
  • Seth Jones
  • Connor Murphy
  • Patrick Kane
  • Andreas Athanasiou
  • Jonathan Toews

Patrick Kane was the third star of the last H2H match against the Colorado Avalanche with two goals and an assist. In the 2021-22 season, Kane bagged 26 goals and made 66 assists.

Prediction and betting tips

The Chicago Blackhawks’ performance in the preseason matches was terrible, in spite of the fact that most of their major players participated in these games. They lost five out of six matches and scored only one goal in the last four matches.

The Colorado Avalanche had a loss against the Vegas Golden Knights and were defeated by the Minnesota Wild in one game, but the Avalanche’s rosters in these matches did not consist of any players from the first lineup. Jared Bednar’s men have won the last four matches against the Blackhawks with three by two goals each. I believe that they will absolutely destroy the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche

Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 1
Colorado Avalanche — Chicago Blackhawks
Won
Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche
2.25
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!