The Colorado Avalanche vs Montreal Canadiens fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Saturday, 22 January 2022, starting at 07:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Ball Arena, Colorado. The Colorado Avalanche vs Montreal Canadiens (22 January 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Avalanche vs Canadiens (January 22) latest odds on betting sites
The Colorado Avalanche are priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 62%. The Montreal Canadiens come with the odds of 5.00 (+400; 4/1) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 20%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.40 (+440; 22/5), which equals an approximate probability of 18%.
The latest odds for Avalanche vs Canadiens (22 January 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Under 5.5 goals — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Canadiens — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Avalanche vs Canadiens (January 22) match preview and stats
The Colorado Avalanche are first in the Atlantic Division with 57 points in 38 matches. They have 27 victories, seven losses before overtime and three after it. In the last game, Jared Bednar’s boys beat the Los Angeles Kings (4-1).
The Los Angele Kings made 15 shots on target in the first period. The Avalanche completed 19 defensive actions and the Kings did not score a goal. Jared Bednar’s men made seven shots on target. In the 10th minute, Mikko Rantanen scored the first goal in powerplay.
The Kings attacked outstandingly in the second period too. They made 19 shots on target but finished only one of them successfully. The Colorado Avalanche made only eight shots on target, but scored their goal too. In the 24th minute, Kiefer Sherwood scored the second goal. Anze Kopitar scored the goal too, in powerplay.
The Avalanche dominated in the last period. They made 12 shots on target and completed 14 defensive actions. Nicolas Aube-Kubel scored the third goal for his team with Logan O'Connor and J. T. Compher’s support in the fifth minute. Devon Toews scored the last goal in the 19th minute.
The Avalanche have scored four or more goals in 10 of the last 11 matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) this time.
Colorado Avalanche team news: Jacob MacDonald — muscle injury, Stefan Matteau — leg injury, Darren Helm — upper body injury.
The Montreal Canadiens are last in the Atlantic Division. They received 22 points in 39 fixtures. They won eight matches, drew six times and lost 25 remaining games. In the last match, they were defeated by the Vegas Golden Knights (3-4, OT)
The Canadiens played defensively in the first period. They made 10 shots on target and completed 30 defensive actions, whereas the Golden Knights completed 18 shots on target. In the fourth minute, Chandler Stephenson scored the first goals in the match. Then Michael Pezzetta leveled the score in the 16th minute.
The Montreal Canadiens made eight shots on target, whereas the Vegas Golden Knights made 14 shots in the second period. However, Dominique Ducharme’s boys defended well and completed 22 defensive actions. William Karlsson scored a goal in powerplay in the 32nd minute. Tyler Toffoli leveled the score in powerplay too.
In the last period, the Vegas Golden Knights dominated. They made 18 shots on target, whereas the Canadiens made only five shots. However, both teams scored their goals. Mike Hoffman scored the third goal for the Montreal Canadiens in the 47th minute. In the 52nd, Jonathan Marchessault leveled the score to draw in 60 minutes. Shea Theodore scored the last goal in the 62nd minute during the OT to make it a win.
We have seen a total over 5.5 goals in five of the last six matches with the Canadiens participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4).
Montreal Canadiens team news: Jake Allen — upper body injury, Brendan Gallagher — upper body injury, Mathieu Perreaul — upper body injury, Joel Edmundson — upper body injury.
Avalanche vs Canadiens (January 22) key players and lineups
Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:
- Darcy Kuemper
- Cale Makar
- Devon Toews
- Nazem Kadri
- Mikko Rantanen
- Nathan MacKinnon
Mikko Rantanen is the sixth best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL season. He has scored 21 goals and made 27 assists this season. Mikko has scored in four of the last five matches.
Montrel Canadiens projected starting lineup:
- Sam Montembeault
- Ben Chiarot
- David Savard
- Nick Suzuki
- Josh Anderson
- Jonathan Drouin
Nick Suzuki is the best forward in his team. He has scored seven goals and has made 15 assists this season.
Avalanche vs Canadiens (January 22) betting tips and prediction
The Colorado Avalanche are much stronger now. They performed outstandingly against weaker rivals this season. Jared Bednar’s men have a streak of five victories and solid stats in H2H matches against the Canadiens.
Also, the Avalanche have won three of the last four matches with two or more point differences. I believe that we will see this outcome in this match too. A total of under 5.5 goals looks safe too. This outcome has played out in six of the last seven H2H matches.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals
Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)