The Germany vs Spain fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 EuroBasket will take place on Friday, 16 September 2022, starting at 6:30 p.m. GMT. The venue is Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin.
Latest odds on betting sites
Germany are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 63%. Spain come with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to win this match. The chances of their victory are around 37%.
The latest odds for Germany vs Spain (September 16):
- Over 169.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 169.5 points — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+4.5) points on Spain — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-4.5) points on Germany — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Over 21.5 points by Dennis Schroder — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Over 16.5 points by Willy Hernangomez — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
Match preview and statistics
Germany smashed Greece (107-96) in the quarter-final.
Germany made 73 shots with 49.3% accuracy, whereas Greece converted 48.6% of their 70 attempts to score. Germany had an incredible accuracy in three-point shots which was equal to 54.8%, whereas Greece had only 31%. Also, Gordon Herbert’s men were stronger under the baskets. They won 46 out of 78 rebounds with 16 in attack and 30 in defence. Germany completed four block shots, seven interceptions and made 16 assists in this match.
Giannis Antetokounmpo keeps being the best player in the match. He finished it with a +31 efficiency provided by 31 points, seven rebounds, eight assists and three steals. Dennis Schroder was the best scorer for Germany with 26 points and eight assists. Franz Wagner and Andreas Obst scored 19 points, completed four rebounds and made one assist each.
A total of over 175.5 points has played out in four of the last six matches with Germany participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20) in this fixture.
Spain won over Finland (100-90) in the most recent fixture.
Spain absolutely dominated in the attack. They made 72 shots and scored 37 of them, whereas Finland finished 55% out of only 56 shots successfully. Also, there were 37 rebounds under Finland’s basket, whereas under Spain’s basket we saw 10 fewer rebounds. Finland lost the ball 19 times, whereas Spain completed two, block shots, 12 steals, 25 assists and lost the ball only nine times in 40 minutes.
Lauri Markkanen was the best player in this match. He won 11 rebounds and scored 28 points to finish the fixture with a +35 efficiency. Mikael Jantunen was the second best player in Finland. He received 18 points and made two assists. Willy Hernangomez and Juancho Hernangomez scored 27 and 15 points, respectively.
Spain have scored at least 86 points in six of the last nine matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) to score 86 or more points in the next match.
Germany vs Spain H2H
Spain eliminated Germany (84-78) in the quarter-final of the 2017 EuroBasket. They made 60 shots and converted 29 of them, whereas Germany converted only 26 out of 59 shots. Spain completed 37 rebounds, four block shots and eight interceptions, whereas Germany had 32 rebounds, no block shots and eight interceptions too.
Dennis Schroder was the second best player of this match with 27 points, four rebounds and eight assists. Willy Hernangomez and Juancho Hernangomez received only seven and two points, respectively.
Lineups and key players
Spain projected lineup:
- Point guard: Lorenzo Brown
- Shooting guard: Dario Brizuela
- Small forward: Rudy Fernandez
- Power forward: Juancho Hernangomez
- Center: Willy Hernangomez
Willy Hernangomez has scored at least 14 points in each match of the 2022 EuroBasket. He was the first and the second best player in the quarter-final and in the 1/8 final, respectively.
Germany projected lineup:
- Point guard: Dennis Schroder
- Shooting guard: Franz Wagner
- Small forward: Niels Giffey
- Power forward: Johannes Thiemann
- Center: Johannes Voigtmann
Dennis Schroder was the best scorer for his team in the last two games and in the most recent fixture against Spain. Schroder has scored more than 20 points per match in this tournament on average.
Prediction and betting tips
Germany have played well in this tournament. They have won six out of seven matches in the 2022 Eurobasket with only one in the overtimes. Germany have won three fixtures being the underdogs and were defeated only by Slovenia by eight points.
Spain have not met strong rivals apart from Lithuania in the Round of 16. However, they were defeated by Belgium in the group stage by 10 points. Spain have not shown the play of the first team in Europe and second best team in the world. They have won Germany in the last seven H2H fixtures in a row, but the teams are approximately equal in their current forms. I believe that we will see a draw by quarters this time. The same outcome has played out in all matches in the playoffs with Germany participating.
Betting prediction: Draw by quarters
Odds: 4.15 (+315 American; 63/20 Fractional)