EuroLeague 2022-23: Olympiacos vs Olimpia Milano basketball prediction and betting tips (January 6)
Olimpia Milano have a streak of four victories, whereas Olympiacos have won four of the last five H2H matches. Who will be stronger in this fixture.
Brandon Davies scored 23 points, completed four rebounds, and made four assists in the last game
Brandon Davies scored 23 points, completed four rebounds, and made four assists in the last game

The Olympiacos vs Olimpia Milano fixture in Round 17 of the 2022-23 EuroLeague will take place on Friday, January 6, 2022, starting at 6:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Peace and Friendship Stadium, Piraeus.

Latest odds on betting sites

Olympiacos come with odds of 1.30 (-333 American; 3/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 68%. Olimpia Milano has an odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1) to win this match. Therefore, the chances of their victory are around 25%. The draw comes with odds of 13.00 (+1200; 12/1), which equals an approximate probability of 7%.

The latest odds for Olympiacos vs Olimpia Milano (January 6):

  • Over 155.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 155.5 points — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-7.5) points on Olympiacos — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (+7.5) points on Olimpia Milano — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • HT/FT – 1/1 — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
  • HT/FT – 2/2 — 5.00 (+400; 4/1)

Match preview and statistics

Olympiacos are likely to start the match against Olimpia Milano without Sasha Vezenkov. His absence may be a key to Olimpia Milano’s victory because Vezenkov is the best power forward in his team and one of the best players in the league. He is the third-best scorer with 19.2 points per game on average and has the greatest performance index, which is equal to 25.3. Also, Sasha Vezenkov has been unstoppable under baskets with 7.2 rebounds per game on average.

Olympiacos are the fourth-best team in the 2022-23 EuroLeague and have only two points fewer than first-place teams. They were able able to be first, but lost two fixtures against Crvena Zvezda and LDLC ASVEL, who are much weaker rivals. In both these matches we saw Sasha Vezenkov, but what will we see in the next match against Olimpia Milano, where the Bulgarian power forward will be unlucky to play?

We have seen a total of over 160.5 points in four of the last five H2H matches. The exact total comes with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this fixture against Olimpia Milano.

Olimpia Milano have won the last four matches in a row with two in the 2022-23 EuroLeague, but they are still only 14th in the league with only six victories in 16 games. They have not shown their best play. Olimpia Milano have received 70.8 points per game on average. They were not bad under the baskets with 32.8 rebounds per game, which result is a bit better than average in the league, but that is all their power.

Shavon Shields and Kevin Pangos will not participate in this match. That will be a huge loss for Olimpia Milano because they have one of the greatest points-per-game ratios. Shavon Shield has scored 14.7 points per game, whereas Kevin Pangos has scored 9.7. They have 17 and 7.5 impact indexes, respectively.

Olimpia Milano have scored 70.8 points per game on average in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. They are priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) to score 73 or fewer points in this match against Olympiacos.

Olympiacos vs Olimpia Milano H2H

Olympiacos have won four of the last five matches against Olimpia Milano. In the most recent fixture, Olimpia Milano received a four-point lead after the first three quarter, but lost 13 points in the last one. Sasha Vezenkov was a key player with 16 points and five rebounds.

Lineups and key players

Olympiacos projected lineup:

  • Point guard: Thomas Walkup
  • Shooting guard: Isaiah Canaan
  • Small forward: Kostas Papanikolaou
  • Power forward: Alec Peters
  • Center: Moustapha Fall

Moustapha Fall was the best scorer for his team in the most recent game. He received 19 points, won nine rebounds, and made five assists. Will he replace Sasha Vezenkov?

Olimpia Milano projected starting lineup:

  • Point guard: Billy Baron
  • Shooting guard: Devon Hall
  • Small forward: Giampaolo Ricci
  • Power forward: Nicolo Melli
  • Center: Brandon Davies

Brandon Davies scored 23 points, completed four rebounds, and made four assists in the most recent game. Overall, he has scored 11.1 points per game on average and his performance index is equal to 190 in the 2022-23 EuroLeague.

Prediction and betting tips

Olympiacos has performed much better than Olimpia Milano in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. They won 10 out of 16 matches, but their main power in all these matches was Sasha Vezenkov, who will not participate in this fixture due to a leg injury. Olympiacos do not have a strong enough power forward, they will be able to fully replace Vezenkov, which will make them much weaker in this game.

Olimpia Milano have not shown anything special. Most of their stats are under average and they have overtaken only two teams in the 2022-23 EuroLeague. However, they have won the last four matches in a row. In these games, Olimpia Milano defeated Monaco, which is one of the three best teams this season, and Valencia with Virtus Bologna. I believe that the Asian handicap (+7.5) points on Olimpia Milano in this situation are not bad.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+7.5) points on Olimpia Milano

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional)

Basketball. Round 17
Olympiacos — Olimpia Milano
Lost
Asian handicap (+7.5) points on Olimpia Milano
1.90
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!