Florida Panthers vs Carolina Hurricanes prediction and betting tips (November 9)
The Carolina Hurricanes broke their streak of four victories in the most recent match. Will they be able to start a new one?
Martin Necas is the eighth best attacker of the 2022-23 season with seven goals and 10 assists
Martin Necas is the eighth best attacker of the 2022-23 season with seven goals and 10 assists
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Florida Panthers vs Carolina Hurricanes fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Wednesday, 9 October 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is FLA Live Arena, Florida.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Florida Panthers are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 42%. The Carolina Hurricanes come with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 39%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 19%.

The latest odds for Florida Panthers vs Carolina Hurricanes (9 November 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Panthers — 2.90 (+190; 19/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Hurricanes — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)

Match preview and statistics

The Florida Panthers pulled the Anaheim Ducks (5-3) down in the most recent game.

Paul Maurice’s men made 17 shots in the first period. They had two power play opportunities and converted one of them. The Ducks made 11 shots and won 12 out of 22 face-offs, but they did not score any goals. In the 12th minute, Carter Verhaeghe opened the score.

In the second period, the teams were approximately equal. The Ducks made 13 shots, whereas their rivals made 12 attempts to score and finished one of them successfully. Brandon Montour scored the second goal in the 23rd minute, but Adam Henrique and Ryan Strome leveled the score in six minutes.

In the last period, the Panthers played aggressively. They made 19 attempts to score and bagged three goals. The Anaheim Ducks made 11 shots, completed 27 defensive actions, but won only 10 out of 27 face-offs.

Brandon Montour was the first star of the match with one goal and three assists. Spencer Knight saved 32 out of 35 shots to finish the match as the third star.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in four of the last six matches with the Panthers participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) in this fixture.

The Carolina Hurricanes were defeated by the Toronto Maple Leafs (1-3) in the last game.

In the first period, the Carolina Hurricanes made 11 shots, whereas the Maple Leafs made four attempts to score. In the ninth minute, Stefan Noesen opened the scoreline by converting a power play opportunity.

The Maple Leafs attacked better than their rivals in the second period. They made 13 shots, but won 12 out of 26 face-offs. In the 39th minute, Calle Jarnkrok leveled the score.

The Toronto Maple Leafs made only four shots in the last period and finished two of them successfully, whereas the Hurricanes made 11 shots. John Tavares and William Nylander scored their goals in the 49th and 57th minutes, respectively.

John Tavares scored one goal and finished the match with a +1 impact index. Stefan Noesen was the second best star of the match. He scored a single goal for the Hurricanes.

A total of under 1.5 goals in the first period has played out in three of the last four matches with the Hurricanes participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2,15 (+115; 23/20) in this fixture.

Florida Panthers vs Carolina Hurricanes H2H

The Carolina Hurricanes won two H2H matches against the Panthers in the 2022-23 NHL pre-season. Paul Maurice’s men won all head-to-head matches in the 2021-22 regular season.

Lineups and key players

Florida Panthers projected starting lineup:

  • Spencer Knight
  • Marc Staal
  • Lucas Carlsson
  • Aleksander Barkov
  • Matthew Tkachuk
  • Colin White

Matthew Tkachuk is the best scorer for his team. He has scored five goals and has made 12 assists in the 2022-23 NHL.

Carolina Hurricanes projected starting lineup:

  • Antti Raanta
  • Jaccob Slavin
  • Calvin de Haan
  • Sebastian Aho
  • Martin Necas
  • Andrei Svechnikov

Martin Necas is the eighth best attacker of the 2022-23 season with seven goals and 10 assists. Necas scored a goal and made an assist in the last H2H fixture against the Panthers.

Prediction and betting tips

The Florida Panthers have won four of the last five matches and their single loss was in overtime. They have won four of the last eight matches, but there were not any strong rivals in these games.

The Hurricanes have won four of the last five matches, but the Maple Leafs defeated them in the last match. In the last match, the Carolina Hurricanes played much stronger than their rivals, but they were unlucky to finish most of their moments successfully. Rod Brind'Amour’s men were stronger in the 2022-23 NHL pre-season. I believe that they will be able to stop the Panther this time too.

Betting prediction: The Carolina Hurricanes to win (incl. overtime)

Odds: 2.08 (+108 American; 27/25 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 13
Florida Panthers — Carolina Hurricanes
Lost
The Carolina Hurricanes to win (incl. overtime)
2.08
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!