The Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Sunday, 24 April 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is FLA Live Arena, Florida.
Latest odds on betting sites
The Florida Panthers are priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 46%. The Tampa Bay Lightning come with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 37%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 17%.
The latest odds for Panthers vs Lightning (24 April 2022):
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Panthers — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
Match preview and statistics
The Florida Panthers lead in the Atlantic Division with 118 points. The Panthers have won 56 out of 77 matches.
They won over the Detroit Red Wings (5-2) in the last game. The Panthers made only seven shots on target in the first period, but they finished three of them successfully. The Red Wings bagged only one goal in this period. Sam Ganger scored it in the fifth minute, but Noel Acciari leveled the score in five minutes. Alex Barkov and Mason Marchment scored their goals in the 19th and 20th minutes, respectively.
In the second period, the Florida Panthers made 10 shots and won 12 out of 19 face-offs. Also, they completed 10 defensive actions and bagged a goal. Tyler Bertuzzi scored the goal for the Red Wings in the 27th minute. In the 37th minute, MacKenzie Weegar scored a his one.
The Detroit Red Wings played well in the last period, but they did not score a goal. In spite of the 10-minutes penalty time, they made 13 shots on target, whereas the Panthers made 10 only. In the 44th minute, Sam Reinhart scored the last goal.
The Florida Panthers have scored 12 goals in the second period in the last seven matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20) to score two or more goals in the second period.
Florida Panthers team news: Markus Nutivaara — upper body injury, Aaron Ekblad — upper body injury.
The Tampa Bay Lightning are third in the Atlantic Division with 102 points. They have 47 victories, 30 losses with eight overtimes.
In the most recent fixture, the Lightning absolutely destroyed the Toronto Maple Leafs (8-1). The Lightning made only seven shots on target and did not score a goal in the first period. However, they completed 25 defensive actions and did not the Maple Leafs finish their 14 shots successfully.
Jon Cooper’s boys performed more confidently in the second period. They made 16 shots on target and won seven face-offs. They did not let the Maple Leafs score a goal again. Alex Killorn, Ross Colton, Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov scored one goal each in this period.
In the last period, both teams were approximately equal, but Andrei Vasilevskiy did not let the Maple Leafs finish most of their moments successfully. The Lightning made 13 shots, whereas their rivals 12. Ondrej Palat, Alex Killorn, Ross Colton and Patrick Maroon scored their goals for Tampa. Ilya Mikheyev bagged a single goal for his team.
A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in six of the last eight H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10) this time.
Tampa Bay Lightning team news: Brent Seabrook — shoulder injury.
Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H
Andrew Brunette’s boys won over the Tampa Bay Lightning (9-3) in the last H2H match. They made 37 shots on target and won 30 out of 68 face-offs. Also, the Panthers completed 63 defensive actions.
The Tampa Bay Lightning made 42 shots on target, won 38 remaining face-offs and completed 42 defensive actions. However, they bagged only three goals.
Lineups and key players
Florida Panthers projected starting lineup:
- Sergei Bobrovsky
- Gustav Forsling
- MacKenzie Weegar
- Carter Verhaeghe
- Aleksander Barkov
- Jonathan Huberdeau
Jonathan Huberdeau is the second best attacker in the 2021-22 NHL. He has scored 30 goals and has made 83 assists to receive 113 points.
Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:
- Andrei Vasilevskiy
- Jan Rutta
- Victor Hedman
- Steven Stamkos
- Anthony Cirelli
- Ondrej Palat
Steven Stamkos scored a goal and made two assists in the last game. Also, he keeps being the best forward in his team with 90 points.
Prediction and betting tips
The Tampa Bay Lightning played badly in the last H2H fixture against the Panthers. They conceded nine goals, whereas their rivals did not dominate in the attack. The weak goalkeeper was the reason for this. Lucky for them, we will see Andrei Vasilevskiy. He is the eighth best goaltender according to the goals against per game ratio. In spite of this, the Panthers keep being the best in the attack. They have scored approximately 4.18 goals per match in the 2021-22 season. Also, they are in their best form with 12 victories in a row.
The teams had so close H2H matches despite the last one, but now the Florida Panthers look a bit stronger. I believe that we will see a total of over 6.5 goals. This outcome has played out in the last three games with the Lightning participating and in three of the last four fixtures with the Florida Panthers’ participation.
Betting prediction: Florida Panthers to win
Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals
Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractions)