Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning prediction and betting tips (October 21)
The Tampa Bay Lightning have won six of the last seven H2H matches against the Florida Panthers. Who will win the next game?
Steven Stamkos provided both goals for Tampa in the last game against the Penguins
Steven Stamkos provided both goals for Tampa in the last game against the Penguins
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Friday, 21 May 2022, starting at 7:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:30 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Florida Panthers are priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 40%. The Tampa Bay Lightning come with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 40%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.60 (+360; 18/5), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (21 October 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Panthers — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Lightning — 1.35 (-286; 7/20)

Match preview and statistics

The Florida Panthers were defeated by the Boston Bruins (3-5) in Round 3.

The Bruins were strong in the first period. They made 12 shots and scored one goal. Also, the Boston Bruins completed five interceptions and won 15 out of 21 face-offs. The Panthers made 11 attempts to score in the period. Jake DeBrusk opened the score in the first minute.

In the second period, the teams were approximately equal. The Florida Panthers made 10 shots, whereas the Bruins made nine attempts to score. Both teams bagged one goal, each. In the 25th minute, Sam Bennett leveled the score. Patrice Bergeron scored the second goal for the Bruins in the 33rd minute.

In the last period, the Panthers attacked perfectly, but they did not finish most of their shots successfully. David Pastrnak and Trent Frederics cored scored two goals for the Bruins, whereas Gustav Forsling and Colin White bagged two goals to reach a 4-3 score, but the Panthers conceded the last goal in the 19th minute.

All three stars of the match were from the Panthers. Jake DeBrusk, David Pastrnak and Patrice Bergeron were the first, second and third best players.

The Florida Panthers have scored 20 goals in the last seven matches. They are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) to score three goals against the Lightning.

The Tampa Bay Lightning lost the third game of the 2022-23 NHL against the Pittsburgh Penguins (2-6).

In the fourth minute of the first period, Jeff Petry received a penalty for tripping. Steven Stamkos converted this power play opportunity in 23 seconds to open the score. Sidney Crosby leveled the score in the 17th minute.

The Penguins absolutely dominated in the second period. They made 17 shots, won 57% of face-offs and completed six interceptions. Sidney Crosby converted a power play opportunity to score the second goal for his team in the 25th minute.

In the last period, both teams made huge numbers of attempts to score, but the Lightning were not able to finish most of them successfully. Jake Guentzel, Jeff Carter, Bryan Rust and Rickard Rakell scored their goals for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos helped Brayden Point to score a single goal for Tampa in this period.

Jake Guentzel, Sidney Crosby and Jeff Carted were the first, second and third stars of the match. Each of them scored a goal and made an assist in the game.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in three of the last four matches with the Tampa Bay Lightning participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.05 (+105; 21/20) this time.

Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H

The teams played two H2H matches in the 2022-23 NHL preseason. Each team won their home match. The Florida Panthers beat their rivals with a 3-2 score, whereas Tampa beat the Panthers with a 5-2 score in the most recent game.

Lineups and key players

Florida Panthers projected starting lineup:

  • Sergei Bobrovsky
  • Marc Staal
  • Aaron Ekblad
  • Aleksander Barkov
  • Matthew Tkachuk
  • Colin White

Colin White scored a goal and made an assist in Round 3 against the Bruins. He is the best scorer and assistant for the Panthers with two goals and two assists in three games.

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Mikhail Sergachev
  • Victor Hedman
  • Brayden Point
  • Corey Perry
  • Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos provided both goals for Tampa in the last game against the Penguins. He is the best forward by goals in the 2022-23 NHL with four goals but has only one assist now.

Prediction and betting tips

The Florida Panthers did have won two out of three matches in the 2022-23 NHL and had a close fixture against the Bruins. They were the best-scoring team in the 2021-22 season with 4.11 goals per game on average. However, the Panthers were absolutely destroyed by the Lightning in the playoffs. They lost all four matches and bagged only seven goals in these games.

Tampa have lost two of the last three matches by at least two points. In the last game, they were smashed by the Penguins. Andrei Vasilevskiy did not play in this match, which made Tampa much weaker. Also, Victor Hedman had a bad game. In spite of the completed assist, he finished the match with a -3 impact index.

However, I believe that the Lightning will beat the Panthers in the next match. They were stronger in H2H matches. Also, the Florida Panthers have not won over a strong rival in this season. A total of over 6.5 goals may play out two. It has played out in three of the last matches with the Lightning or the Panthers participating.

Betting prediction: Tampa Bay Lightning to win (including overtime)

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Over 6.5 goals

Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 5
Florida Panthers — Tampa Bay Lightning
Won
Tampa Bay Lightning to win (including overtime)
1.95
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!