The Monaco vs Lyon fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Monday, 11 September 2022, starting at 6:45 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Velodrome, Merseille.
Latest odds on betting sites
Monaco are priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 38%. Lyon come with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) to take Marseille down. The chances of this outcome are close to 35%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.70 (+270; 27/10), which equals an approximate probability of 27%.
The latest odds for Monaco vs Lyon (September 11):
- Over 3.5 goals — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
- Under 3.5 goals — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
- Asian handicap (+1) goals on Lyon — 1.25 (-400; 1/4)
- Asian handicap (-1) goals on Monaco — 3.80 (+280; 14/5)
- Alexandre Lacazette to score anytime — 2.75 (+125; 5/4)
- Wissam Ben Yedder to score anytime — 2.90 (+190; 19/10)
Match preview and statistics
Monaco beat Crvena Zvezda (1-0) in the last match.
In the first half, the teams were approximately equal. Monaco attacked 26 times, whereas Crvena Zvezda made one attack less. Both teams made four shots with one on target each. Also, both teams received two cards each, but they both did not score a goal.
Crvena Zvezda attacked confidently, but did not score a goal in the second half. Monaco controlled the ball 46% of the time and attacked 18 times. They made seven shots with two on target, whereas Crvena Zvezda made nine attempts to score with four on goal. In the 74th minute, Breel Embolo scored a winning goal.
A total of under 2.5 goals has played out in four of the last six matches with Monaco participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) in this fixture.
Monaco team news: Kevin Volland — ankle injury, Myron Boadu— knee injury.
Lyon were defeated by Lorient (1-3) in the most recent fixture.
Lyon controlled the ball 63% of the time in the first half. They completed 11 defensive actions and attacked 32 times. Lyon made five shots with three on target and finished one of them successfully, whereas Lorient bagged two goals. Enzo Le Fee and Terem Moffi scored their goals for Lorient, whereas Alexandre Lacazette scored a single goal for Lyon.
Les Gones showed a flawless attack in the second half, but they did not score a goal. Lyon made 10 attempts to score with four on target, whereas Lorient finished their single shot on target successfully. Lyon attacked 51 times and controlled the ball 71% of the time in the half. Dango Ouattara scored the last goal in the 49th minute.
Both teams have scored in six of the last matches with Lyon participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200; 1/2) in the next match.
Lyon team news: Julian Pollersbeck — knee injury.
Monaco vs Lyon H2H
Monaco destroyed Lyon (2-0) in the Round 23 of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. They controlled the ball only 36% of the time and attacked 46 times. Monaco made 10 shots with six on target and finished six of them successfully. Wissam Ben Yedder scored a goal and helped Jean Lucas to score the second one.
Lyon made 19 shots with five on target, but did not score a goal. They completed 27 defensive actions and attacked 53 times in this half.
Lineups and key players
Monaco projected starting lineup:
- Alexander Nubel
- Caio Henrique
- Axel Disasi
- Guillermo Maripan
- Ruben Aguilar
- Sofiane Diop
- Youssouf Fofana
- Aurelien Tchouameni
- Gelson Martins
- Breel Embolo
- Wissam Ben Yedder
Breel Embolo is the best scorer for his team in the 2022-23 season. Embolo scored winning goals in the last two matches for Monaco.
Lyon projected starting lineup:
- Anthony Lopes
- Castello Lukeba
- Sinaly Diomandé
- Nicolás Tagliafico
- Malo Gusto
- Thiago Mendes
- Maxence Caqueret
- Houssem Aouar
- Karl Toko Ekambi
- Rayan Cherki
- Alexandre Lacazette
Alexandre Lacazette started the 2022-23 season well after his return to Lyon. He has scored six goals and has made an assist in the last eight matches.
Prediction and betting tips
Monaco have won only two out of six goals in the 2022-23 season with only a one-goal lead each. They did not qualify for the 2022-23 Champions League. In the last fixture, Monaco defeated Crvena Zvezda, but they did not play confidently in this match in spite of the winning result.
Lyon have won four of the last six matches, and played confidently in the last fixture against Lorient in spite of the loss. Also, they showed a flawless attack in the last H2H match against Monaco, but did not finish most of their moments in penalty areas successfully. Lyon’s current form is much better than Monaco’s. Draw no bet on Lyon looks safe in this match.
Betting prediction: Draw no bet on Lyon
Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractional)