Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs prediction and betting tips (March 26)
The Montreal Canadiens have lost four of the last five matches, but they won the most recent head-to-head game against the Maple Leafs. Who will be better this time?
Auston Matthews (Maple Leafs) scored one out of three goals in the last match
Auston Matthews (Maple Leafs) scored one out of three goals in the last match
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Saturday, 26 March 2022, starting at 6:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:00 p.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Bell Centre, Montreal.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Montreal Canadiens are priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350 American; 7/2 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 22%. The Toronto Maple Leafs come with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 58%. The draw is priced with the odds of 5.00 (+400; 4/1), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Canadiens vs Maple Leafs (26 March 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Canadiens — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Maple Leafs — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Match preview and statistics

The Montreal Canadiens are in the lowest position in the Atlantic Division with 44 points in 63 games. They won 17 matches, lost 36 games before in 60 minutes and 10 in overtime.

The Canadiens were defeated by the Florida Panthers (3-4) in the most recent fixture. Martin St. Louis’ boys attacked badly in the first period. They made only seven shots on target and won nine out of 22 face-offs. In the first minute, Nick Suzuki opened the score, but Alex Barkov leveled the score in seven seconds.

In the second period, both teams performed approximately equally. The Montreal Canadiens made 14 shots on target and won only 60% of face-offs. In the 22nd minute, Mason Marchment scored the second goal for the Panthers. Jake Evans leveled the score in the 26th minute. Anthony Duclair scored his goal in the 28th minute.

We saw equal play in the last period too. The Canadiens made 10 shots and bagged one goal. They completed 19 defensive actions and won 12 face-offs. The Panthers finished one out of 11 shots on target successfully. In the 48th minute, Sam Reinhart scored a goal in powerplay. Paul Byron scored his one in the 57th minute.

A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in five of the last seven matches with the Montreal Canadiens’ participation. This total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this game.

Montreal Canadiens team news: Carey Price — lower body injury, Kale Clague — muscle injury.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are second in the Atlantic Division. They won 40 matches and were defeated five times in overtime to receive 85 points.

The Maple Leafs pulled the New Jersey Devils (3-2) down in the last game. They absolutely dominated in the first period, but were not able to finish one out of 11 shots on target successfully. The Devils made only three shots in this period.

In the second period, the teams were equal. The Maple Leafs and the Devils made 11 shots on target and bagged two goals each. In the 26th minute, Damon Severson scored the first goal, but Ilya Mikheyev leveled the score in seven minutes. Nico Hischier and Mitch Marner scored second goals for their teams.

The Toronto Maple Leafs played a bit better in the last period. They made 10 shots on target and won 71.5% out of 14 face-offs. In the 16th minute, Rierre Engvall scored the last goal.

We have seen a total of under 1.5 goals in the first period in four of the last five matches with the Maple Leafs participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) this time.

Toronto Maple Leafs team news: Jack Campbell — rib injury, Jake Muzzin — head injury, Rasmus Sandin — knee injury.

Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs H2H

The Montreal Canadiens destroyed the Maple Leafs (5-2) in the last H2H match. They made 24 shots on target, completed 61 defensive actions and won 24 face-offs.

The Toronto Maple Leafs attacked better than their rivals. They made 37 shots on target and won 34 face-offs. However, the Maple Leafs completed only 35 defensive actions.

Lineups and key players

Montrel Canadiens projected first lineup:

  • Sam Montembeault
  • Ben Chiarot
  • David Savard
  • Nick Suzuki
  • Josh Anderson
  • Jake Evans

Nick Suzuki is the best forward in his team with 18 goals and 29 assists in the 2021-22 season.

Toronto Maple Leafs projected first lineup:

  • Erik Kallgren
  • T. J. Brodie
  • Morgan Rielly
  • Mitch Marner
  • Auston Matthews
  • Michael Bunting

Auston Matthews scored one out of three goals in the last match. He is the best scorer in the 2021-22 NHL with 46 goals.

Prediction and betting tips

Undoubtedly, the Toronto Maple Leafs look a bit stronger now. They have won three of the last matches and three of the last five H2H matches against the Canadiens. Martin St. Louis’ boys have lost four of the last five matches and did not perform confidently in the last head-to-head game against the Maple Leafs in spite of the victory. Also, they won this match when they were in their best form with a streak of five victories. I believe that the Maple Leafs will win this match easily.

A total of under 6.5 goals looks safe. This outcome has played out in five of the last seven matches with the Montreal Canadiens’ participation and in three of the last four matches with the Maple Leafs’ participation.

Betting prediction: Toronto Maple Leafs to win

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Montreal Canadiens — Toronto Maple Leafs
Won
Under 6.5 goals
1.85
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!