New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche prediction and betting tips (October 25)
The Colorado Avalanche have won four of the last five H2H matches against the Rangers. Will they win this time?
Artemi Panarin is the best forward in the 2022-23 NHL
Artemi Panarin is the best forward in the 2022-23 NHL
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Thursday, 25 May 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York.

Latest odds on betting sites

The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 2.65 (+165 American; 33/20 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 38%. The Colorado Avalanche come with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 42%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.80 (+380; 19/5), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche (25 October 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Rangers — 1.35 (-286; 7/20)

Match preview and statistics

The New York Rangers were defeated by the Columbus Blue Jackets (1-5) in the most recent game.

In the first period, the Rangers made nine attempts to score and won 12 out of 15 face-offs, but they did not score a goal, whereas the Blue Jackets finished one out of their seven attempts to score successfully. Zach Werenski opened the score in the 18th minute.

The New York Rangers attacked much better in the second period because their rivals received three penalties, but the Rangers were not able to score a lot of goals. Andrew Peeke and Yegor Chinakhov scored their goals in the 22nd and 29th minutes, respectively. Andrey Panarin converted a power play in the 39th minute.

In the last period, both teams made six attempts to score. The New York Rangers won 10 out of 14 face-offs and completed three interceptions. Eric Robinson and Kent Johnson bagged their goals for the Blue Jackets in the last period.

Daniil Tarasov was the first star of the match. He saved 30 out of 31 shots. Igor Shesterkin did not participate in this fixture, which made his team much worse that time.

A total of under 2.5 goals by the Rangers has played out in three of the last four matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) this time.

The Colorado Avalanche destroyed the Vegas Golden Knights (3-2) in the last game.

The Avalanche dominated in this match. They made 10 shots, completed seven interceptions and won most of the play-offs, whereas the Golden Knights made only five shots. Nathan MacKinnon opened the score by converting the power play, but Jonathan Marchessault leveled the score in 14 minutes.

In the second period, the Vegas Golden Knights did not finish any of the 16 shots successfully, whereas their rivals made 11 shots on target. In the 27th minute, Evan Rodrigues scored the second goal for his team.

The Vegas Golden Knights made 14 shots, whereas the Avalanche made only four attempts to score, but each team scored a goal. Valeri Nichushkin reached a 3-1 score in the 49th minute. Chandler Stephenson bagged the last goal in the 51st minute.

Valeri Nichushkin was the first star of the match with one goal, six shots and a +1 impact index. Alexandar Georgiev was strong this time with 94.3% saved shots.

New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche H2H

The Colorado Avalanche beat the Rangers (4-2) in the last H2H match. The teams were approximately equal. Jared Bednar’s men made 31 shots, whereas their rivals made 28 attempts to score. The Avalanche completed six interceptions and won 26 out of 56 face-offs, whereas the New York Rangers finished the match with nine interceptions.

Valeri Nichushkin was the first star with two goals. Nathan MacKinnon and Nazem Kadri finished with two and three assists, respectively.

Lineups and key players

New York Rangers projected starting lineup:

  • Igor Shesterkin
  • Adam Fox
  • Ryan Lindgren
  • Chris Kreider
  • Artemi Panarin
  • Mika Zibanejad

Artemi Panarin scored a single goal for his team in the last game. Artemi Panarin has scored four goals and has made eight assists in the 2022-23 season.

Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:

  • Alexandar Georgiev
  • Cale Makar
  • Devon Toews
  • Artturi Lehkonen
  • Valeri Nichushkin
  • Mikko Rantanen

Valeri Nichushkin is the second best attacker in the 2022-23 NHL. He has scored six goals and has made five assists. Also, Valeri Nichushkin was the first star in the last game against the Golden Knights and in the last H2H fixture against the Rangers.

Prediction and betting tips

The New York Rangers have lost three of the last four matches and have scored 10 goals in these four fixtures. Gerard Gallant’s men have lost two games with Jaroslav Halak’s play by at least three points each.

The Colorado Avalanche had three close fixtures against the Golden Knights, the Kraken and the Jets. All these games were finished with only one goal difference and one game was finished in the overtimes. The Colorado Avalanche have won four of the last five H2H matches against the Rangers.

A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in six of the last eight H2H matches. Also, Igor Shesterkin will likely play this time, whereas Alexandar Georgiev has saved 91% of shots against his team this season.

Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 7
New York Rangers — Colorado Avalanche
Won
Under 6.5 goals
1.90
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!