New York Rangers vs Edmonton Oilers prediction and betting tips (November 26)
The Edmonton Oilers have won five of the last six H2H matches against the New York Rangers. Will they win this game in Madison Square Garden?
Connor McDavid is the best scorer and the second-best assistant in the league
Connor McDavid is the best scorer and the second-best assistant in the league
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The New York Rangers vs Edmonton Oilers fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Thursday, November 26 2022, starting at 1:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 5:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York.

Latest odds on betting sites

The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional) to win the next match full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 43%. The Edmonton Oilers have an odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 37%. Finally, the draw comes with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for New York Rangers vs Edmonton Oilers (November 26 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Rangers — 2.90 (+190; 19/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Oilers — 1.45 (-222; 9/20)

Match preview and statistics

The New York Rangers may again start this match without Artemi Panarin in the starting lineup. After such a confident start this season, the Russian left winger disappoints in November. He has not scored any goals and has made only six assists this month. The impact index of the Rangers’ key player is equal to -9 in the 2022-23 season. Chris Kreider replaced Panarin in the previous game. He has scored nine goals and has made eight assists this season.

Igor Shesterkin has not shown his best play too. He has saved 91.7% of shots on target, whereas his ratio in the 2021-22 season was equal to 93.5%. The Rangers are seventh in the Eastern Conference with 24 points after 21 points. They have lost six out of 11 matches in November and have won only one match against a greater-placed rival in the conference.

In the last game against the Anaheim Ducks, Gerard Gallant’s men played aggressively but successfully finished only two out of 43 shots on target. Jaroslav Halak replaced Shesterkin and finished the match with only 86% saved shots.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in five of the last six matches with the Rangers’ participation. The exact total comes with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) this time.

The Edmonton Oilers will be unlucky to play one more game without Evander Kane, the main left winger on the roster. Dylan Holloway, Zach Hyman or Warren Foegele will not be able to perform as well as Kane in this position, which will make the Oilers much weaker. Despite this, the Oilers have a powerful attack provided by Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl, who are the first-best and the third-best forwards in the 2022-23 season, respectively.

The Edmonton Oilers have one of the most potent attacking lines in the league, but they are 10th in the Western Conference, which is a terrible performance for such a strong roster. The Oilers are the league's fourth-most conceding team, with an average of 3.6 GA per match.

The Edmonton Oilers have lost only one of the last six matches against the Rangers. They are priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) to be undefeated in the regular time.

New York Rangers vs Edmonton Oilers H2H

The New York Rangers won over the Oilers (4-1) in the most recent H2H match to break the Oilers’ streak of five victories in head-to-head games. All three stars of the match were the Rangers’ players, but only one is still on the roster. Alexis Lafreniere scored a goal and made an assist to finish that match as the second star.

Lineups and key players

New York Rangers projected starting lineup:

  • Igor Shesterkin
  • Adam Fox
  • Ryan Lindgren
  • Chris Kreider
  • Kaapo Kakko
  • Mika Zibanejad

Mika Zibanejad has scored 10 goals and has made 13 assists in the 2022-23 NHL to be the best scorer for the Rangers.

Edmonton Oilers projected starting lineup:

  • Jack Campbell
  • Darnell Nurse
  • Cody Ceci
  • Zach Hyman
  • Warren Foegele
  • Connor McDavid

Connor McDavid is the best scorer and the second-best assistant in the league. In November, Connor McDavid has scored seven goals and has made 10 assists.

Prediction and betting tips

The New York Rangers show nothing special in the 2022-23 NHL. They have 10 victories, seven losses and four draws in the season. Their attack efficiency is decreasing because Artemi Panarin is not performing his best way as a key player. Igor Shesterkin is stable and is one of the best goalies, but he is far from his peak form.

The Edmonton Oilers have an unstoppable attack, but they concede many goals due to weak defence and goaltenders. Both teams are not showing their best play. One of the Oilers’ main attackers is injured, whereas the Rangers’ attack is weak now. I believe to see a total of under 6.5 goals this time. The same total has played out in seven of the last H2H matches.

Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals

Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 21
New York Rangers — Edmonton Oilers
Under 6.5 goals
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!