New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning prediction and betting tips (October 11)
The Rangers and the Lightning have not played well in the 2022-23 NHL pre-season matches. They have won one out of five matches each. Who will win the first match of the 2022-23 NHL?
Steven Stamkos scored both goals for Tampa in the last H2H match against the Rangers
Steven Stamkos scored both goals for Tampa in the last H2H match against the Rangers
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 11 May 2022, starting at 7:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:30 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Madison Square Garden, New York.

Latest odds on betting sites

The New York Rangers are priced with the odds of 2.45 (+145 American; 29/20 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 41%. The Tampa Bay Lightning come with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 39%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.40 (+340; 17/5), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (11 October 2022):

  • Over 5.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 5.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 3.35 (+235; 47/20)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Rangers — 1.25 (-400; 1/4)

Match preview and statistics

The New York Rangers were defeated by the New York Islanders (1-3) in the most recent match.

In the first period, both teams were approximately equal. but the Rangers did not finish most of their moments successfully. The Islanders finished two out of five shots successfully, whereas the Rangers did not score a goal. Kieffer Bellows and Mathew Barzal scored their goals in the 10th and 17th minutes, respectively.

The New York Rangers made 12 shots in the second period, but they won only five out of 18 face-offs. In this half, both teams played four minutes in power play each, but they did not score any goals.

In the last period, Islanders made only four shots, but they scored a goal again, whereas the New York Rangers finished only one out of their nine shots successfully. In the 45th minute, Zach Parise scored the third goal for his team. Kaapo Kakko bagged a single goal for the Rangers in the 47th minute.

A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in nine of the last 11 matches with the New York Islanders participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in this fixture.

The Tampa Bay Lightning won over the Florida Panthers (5-2) in the last game.

The Lightning showed an incredible attack in the first period. They made 14 shots and finished three of them successfully. The Florida Panthers made nine shots. Nikita Kucherov opened the score in the fourth minute, but Rudolfs Balcers leveled the score in one minute. Vladislav Namestnikov scored the second and the third goals in the 13th and 20th minutes, respectively.

Vladislav Namestnikov scored one more goal in the 28th minute to convert one out of eight shots by the Lightning. They won nine out of 16 face-offs, but lost the puck six times. In the 29th minute, Aleksi Heponiemi scored the second goal for the Panthers.

The Florida Panthers made 12 shots in the last period, but they did not score any goals, whereas the Lightning finished successfully one out of nine shots. In the 45th minute, Brayden Point scored the last goal.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have won the last four H2H matches against the Rangers. Their victory comes with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) this time.

New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning H2H

The Lightning beat the New York Rangers (2-1) in the last H2H match. They made 31 shots, won 22 out of 52 face-offs and intercepted the puck 12 times. Steven Stamkos scored both goals for his team. The Rangers made only 21 shots and finished one of them successfully. Frank Vatrano scored a single goal for his team in the powerplay.

Lineups and key players

New York Rangers projected first lineup:

  • Igor Shesterkin
  • Adam Fox
  • Ryan Lindgren
  • Chris Kreider
  • Artemi Panarin
  • Mika Zibanejad

Mika Zibanejad played perfectly in the 2021-22 NHL play-offs. He scored 10 goals and made 14 assists in 20 matches.

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Mikhail Sergachev
  • Victor Hedman
  • Brayden Point
  • Corey Perry
  • Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos was the best scorer for his team in the 2021-22 NHL regular season with 42 goals and 64 assists. Also, Stamkos scored both goals for the Lightning in the last H2H match against the Rangers.

Prediction and betting tips

The New York Rangers have won only one out of five matches in the 2022-23 NHL pre-season. They played against much weaker rivals and were the favourites in all matches. The Tampa Bay Lightning lost two matches against the Nashville Predators, one game against the Hurricanes and finished the two-match series against the Panthers with a 1-1 score.

Tampa won four matches in a row after losing the first two games in the semi-final of the 2021-22 NHL against the Rangers. They were much stronger in the last game in spite of only a one-point difference. I believe that they will win the first game of the season.

Andrei Vasilevskiy and Igor Shesterkin were the first and the second best goalkeepers of the 2021-22 season. A total of under 5.5 goals looks safe. It has played out in the last five H2H matches.

Betting prediction: The Tampa Bay Lightning to win

Odds: 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 5.5 goals

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 1
New York Rangers — Tampa Bay Lightning
Won
Under 5.5 goals
2.00
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!