The Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues fixture in the 2021-22 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 25 May 2022, starting at 8:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 12:00 a.m. by GMT the next day. The venue is Ball Arena, Colorado. The Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues (25 May 2022) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues latest odds on betting sites
The Colorado Avalanche are priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 58%. The St. Louis Blues come with the odds of 4.40 (+340; 17/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 22%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.
The latest odds for Avalanche vs Blues (25 May 2022) betting markets:
- Over 6.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Under 6.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on Avalanche — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Blues — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues match preview and statistics
The Colorado Avalanche lead the series 3-1. In the last game, they destroyed the St. Louis Blues (6-3).
In the first period, the Avalanche absolutely dominated in the attack. They made 15 shots on target, but did not score a goal. Jared Bednar’s boys completed 10 defensive actions and won seven interceptions.
The teams played equally in the second period. They made 13 shots on target and bagged four goals to lead in the match. The Avalanche completed 16 defensive actions and won 40% out of 20 interceptions. In the 23rd minute, Erik Johnson leveled the score. Nazem Kadri scored two goals in this period. Devon Toews scored his goal in the 25th minute.
In the last period, the Colorado Avalanche performed confidently. They made nine shots on target and completed 12 defensive actions. Jared Bednar’s men won 59% out of 17 face-offs. Valeri Nichushkin helped Nazem Kadri to score a goal in the 50th minute. Mikko Rantanen scored the last goal in the 60th minute.
Nazem Kadri was the first star of the match. He scored three goals and made an assist. Kadri finished the match with a +4 impact index. Darcy Kuemper saved 85% out of 20 shots on target, which was not his best performance.
The Colorado Avalanche have scored five or more goals in four of the last six matches. They are priced with the odds of 2.55 (+155; 31/20) to score five goals this time.
Colorado Avalanche team news: Sam Girard — chest injury.
The St. Louis Blues lost the last game against the Avalanche (3-6).
They did not attack well in the first period, but they finally bagged a goal. The St. Louis Blues completed 23 defensive actions and won 12 out of 19 face-offs. In the sixth minute, David Perron opened the score with Pavel Buchnevich’s support.
In the second period, the St. Louis Blues played well, but conceded a lot of goals. Craig Berube’s boys made 13 shots on target and finished two of them successfully. They completed 21 defensive actions, but conceded four goals. David Perron and Pavel Buchnevich scored their goals in the 38th and 40th minutes, respectively.
The Blues played badly in the last period. They made four shots on target, but did not score a goal. They won seven out of 17 face-offs and completed 11 defensive actions.
David Perron and Pavel Buchnevich were the second and the third stars of the match, respectively. Perron scored two goals, whereas Buchnevich scored a goal and made an assist. Ville Husso saved 31 out of 36 shots on target.
A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in seven of the last ten H2H matches. The same total comes with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in this quarter-final.
St. Louis Blues team news: Jordan Binnington — upper body injury, Torey Krug — upper body injury.
Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues H2H
The Colorado Avalanche attacked perfectly in the first four matches of the play-offs against the St. Louis Blues. They made 149 shots on target and bagged 15 goals. The Avalanche completed 161 defensive actions and won 107 face-offs.
The St. Louis Blues have defended incredibly against the Avalanche in play-offs. They have completed 241 defensive actions and have won 117 face-offs. Craig Berube’s boys have made 108 shots on target.
Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues lineups and key players
Colorado Avalanche projected starting lineup:
- Darcy Kuemper
- Devon Toews
- Bowen Byram
- Nazem Kadri
- Mikko Rantanen
- Nathan MacKinnon
Nazem Kadri was the 19th best attacker in the regular season. Also, he was the first star of the most recent match.
St. Louis Blues projected starting lineup:
- Ville Husso
- Colton Parayko
- Justin Faulk
- Pavel Buchnevich
- David Perron
- Alexei Toropchenko
David Perron scored two goals in the last game, but finished it with a -1 impact index. He is able to show his best play in the next fixture.
Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues predictions and betting tips
The Colorado Avalanche are much stronger than the St. Louis Blues now. They showed an incredible performance in the regular season and won the first round of the play-offs with a 4-0 score. The Avalanche reached a 3-1 score in the round against the St. Louis Blues. They have attacked flawlessly in the head-to-head games against the Blues. I believe that they will finish the round with a 4-1 score.
The St. Louis Blues have a flawless defence. Besides, the Asian handicap (+1.5) on Blues has played out in three of the last four games in the Ball Arena. I believe that we will see the same result in this game.
Betting prediction: The Colorado Avalanche to win (incl. OT)
Odds: 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) on the Blues
Odds: 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractions)