Olympic ice hockey 2022: Finland vs Sweden prediction and betting tips (February 13)
Finland have a streak of five victories and have won 14 of the last 16 fixtures. However, Sweden have won the last four head-to-head fixtures. Who will win this close match?
Sakari Manninen (Finland) scored 3 goals in the past two rounds
Sakari Manninen (Finland) scored 3 goals in the past two rounds
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Finland vs Sweden fixture in the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place on Sunday, 13 February 2022, starting at 08:40 a.m. GMT. The venue is National Stadium, Beijing.

Latest odds on betting sites

Finland are priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 45%. Sweden come with the odds of 2.80 (+180; 9/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 35%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.00 (+300; 3/1), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.

The latest odds for Finland vs Sweden (13 February 2022):

  • Over 4.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 4.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Finland — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Sweden —1.35 (-286; 7/20)

Match preview and statistics

Finland defeated Latvia (3-1) in the most recent fixture.

The Lions played a bit better in the first period. They made 13 shots on target but did not score a goal, with their rivals completing 19 defensive actions. Latvia were in powerplay for two minutes, but they made only nine shots on target in this period and did not scorel too.

In the second period, Finland absolutely dominated. They made 15 shots on target, won 13 out of 21 face-offs and completed six defensive actions. Their rivals made six shots and completed 14 blocks. In the 38th minute, Valtteri Kemilainen scored the first goal, with Mikko Lehtonen and Joonas Nattinen’s support.

In the last period, Jukka Jalonen’s men played confidently too. They made 10 shots on target and finished two of them successfully, whereas Latvia made five shots on target and scored one goal. In the 44th minute, Rodrigo Abols leveled the score in powerplay. Leo Komarov and Marko Anttila scored their goals in the 55th and 59th minutes, respectively.

We have seen a total of over 4.5 goals in four of the last five matches with Finland participating. The same outcome comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) this time.

Sweden won over Slovakia (4-1) in the second round.

Sweden’s performance in the first period was terrific. They made 12 shots on target and finished three of them successfully. Slovakia made 14 shots and did not score a goal, with Sweden completing 21 defensive actions. In the 12th minute, Joakim Nordstrom scored the first goal. Lucas Wallmark and Max Friberg scored their goals in the 19th and 20th minutes, respectively.

In the second period, Slovakia played much better and had seven minutes of powerplay, but were not able to level the score. Sweden made nine shots on target, whereas their rivals had 16 opportunities to score but did not finish them successfully.

Both teams performed approximately equal in the last period, with Slovakia’s performance being a bit better. Three Crowns made eight shots on target and scored once. Slovakia made 11 shots and scored their goal too. In the 58th minute, Carl Klingberg scored into an empty net, while Juraj Slavkovsky bagged the last goal in the next minute.

Sweden have scored in the first period in seven of the last nine matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this fixture.

Finland vs Sweden H2H

Sweden won over Finland (3-1) in the most recent H2H fixture. They made 22 shots on target in three periods and finished three of them successfully. Johan Garpenlov completed 36 defensive actions and won 24 out of 42 face-offs.

Finland lost, but performed confidently. They scored their only goal from 30 shots on target. They were not active enough in defence too, completing 25 defensive actions only.

Lineups and key players

Finland projected starting lineup:

  • Harri Sateri
  • Mikko Lehtonen
  • Juuso Hietanen
  • Sakari Manninen
  • Miro Aaltonen
  • Mikael Ruohomaa

Sakari Manninen scored three goals in the past two matches at 2022 Winter Olympic. He has scored 19 goals and has made 13 assists in the 2021-22 NHL.

Sweden projected starting lineup:

  • Magnus Hellberg
  • Oscar Fantenberg
  • Lukas Bengtsson
  • Carl Klingberg
  • Anton Lander
  • Lucas Wallmark

Lucas Wallmark is the second best forward in the 2022 Olympic men’s ice hockey tournament. He scored three goals in the matches of the tournament.

Prediction and betting tips

Finland’s roster is so strong now! They have won 14 of the last 16 matches and performed perfectly in the first two matches of the 2022 Olympic men’s ice hockey tournament. They lost the most recent head-to-head match against Sweden, but the performance of the Lions was good. Sweden are in excellent condition and have easily received six points.

Both teams will qualify for the next stage for sure. At the 2018 Winter Olympics, Sweden and Finland finished the group in first and second place, respectively. However, I believe that this time the result will be opposite.

Sweden have shown their best play in the first period at the 2022 Olympics men’s ice hockey tournament. They have scored in this period in seven of the last nine matches and in the last two H2H matches against Finland. I believe that we will see the same happening now too.

Betting prediction: Finland to win

Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Sweden to score — 1st period

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Ice Hockey. Round 3
Finland — Sweden
Finland to win
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!