The USA vs Slovakia fixture in the quarter-finals of the 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place on Wednesday, 16 February 2022, starting at 04:10 a.m. GMT. The venue is National Stadium, Beijing.
Latest odds on betting sites
The USA are priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 60%. Slovakia come with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 20%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.70 (+370; 37/10), which equals an approximate probability of 20%.
The latest odds for USA vs Slovakia (16 February 2022):
- Over 5.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 5.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) on USA — 2.75 (+175; 7/4)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) on Slovakia — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
Match preview and statistics
The USA won over Germany (3-2) in the last fixture of the group stage.
Both teams performed absolutely equal in the first period. David Quinn’s boys made eight shots on target, whereas Germany made nine shots. In the second minute, Patrick Hager scored the first goal in powerplay. Steven Kampfer leveled the score with Andy Miele and Brian O'Neill’s support in the fifth minute.
In the second period, the USA showed outstanding play. They made 14 shots on target and completed 12 defensive actions, whereas Germany made only seven shots on target. In the 25th minute, Nick Abruzzese and Aaron Ness helped Matthew Knies to score the second goals for the USA.
Germany and the USA played equally in the last period too. Both teams made 10 shots on target. The USA completed 14 defensive actions, whereas their rivals completed 13. In the 43rd minute, Nathan Smith scored a goal. Then Tom Kuhnhackl scored the last goal in the 58th minute.
David Quinn’s boys have scored four or more goals in five of the last seven matches. The same outcome comes with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) this time.
Slovakia beat Germany (4-0) in the 1/8 finals to qualify for the next stage.
They performed a bit better in the first period. Slovakia made nine shots on target and finished one of them successfully, whereas Germany made only five. However, Slovakia completed only nine defensive actions. In the 12th minute, Libor Hudacek scored the first goal.
Craig Ramsay’s boys dominated in the second period. They made 14 shots on target and bagged two goals. Germany made five shots and completed 19 defensive actions. Peter Cehlarik scored the second goal in the 28th minute. In the next minute, Samuel Knazko and Peter Ceresnak helped Michal Kristof to score a goal.
In the last period, Slovakia and Germany showed approximately equal performance. Both teams made 11 shots on target but only Craig Ramsay’s men bagged their goal. In the 58th minute, Marek Grivik scored the last goal with Peter Cehlarik and Samuel Takac’s support.
A total of under 5.5 goals has played out in five of the last eight matches with Slovakia participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111; 9/10).
USA vs Slovakia H2H
Team USA won over Slovakia (6-1) in the most recent head-to-head fixture. They made 33 shots on target and scored six goals. David Quinn’s men completed 38 defensive actions in this match.
Slovakia made 28 shots on target but finished only one of them successfully. They completed 40 defensive actions. Peter Cehlarik scored a single goal in this match.
Lineups and key players
The USA projected starting lineup:
- Drew Commesso
- Steven Kampfer
- Aaron Ness
- Brian O'Neill
- Sean Farrell
- Kenny Agostino
Sean Farrell is the best forward in this tournament. He scored three goals and made three assists in the group stage.
Slovakia projected starting lineup:
- Patrik Rybar
- Peter Ceresnak
- Michal Cajkovsky
- Samuel Takac
- Marek Hrivik
- Juraj Slavkovsky
Juraj Slavkovsky scored the highest number of goals for Slovakia in this tournament. He scored four goals in three matches.
Prediction and betting tips
Team USA performed flawlessly in the first stage. They easily won three matches. In the last H2H match against Slovakia, the USA performed perfectly too. I believe that they will qualify for the next stage for sure.
They attacked perfectly in the group stage too. David Quinn’s boys scored 15 goals in three matches. Also, they have scored four or more goals in five of the last seven matches. This outcome looks safe.
Slovakia scored only one and then two goals in matches against Finland and Sweden, respectively. They have scored six goals in the last three H2H matches against the USA. I believe that they will score one or more goals. That is the reason why we will see a total of over 4.5 goals.
Betting prediction: USA to win & over 4.5 goals
Odds: 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractions)
Betting prediction: Over 3.5 goals by USA
Odds: 2.20 (+120 American; 6/5 Fractional)