The Reims vs PSG fixture in the 2022-23 Ligue 1 will take place on Saturday, 8 October 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Auguste-Delaune, Reims.
Latest odds on betting sites
PSG are priced with the odds of 1.35 (-286 American; 7/20 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 73%. Reims come with the odds of 9.00 (+800; 8/1) to take PSG down. The chances of this outcome are close to 11%. The draw is priced with the odds of 6.30 (+530; 53/10), which equals an approximate probability of 16%.
The latest odds for Reims vs PSG (October 8) betting markets:
- Over 3.5 goals — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Under 3.5 goals — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Reims — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Lionel Messi to score anytime — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Kylian Mbappe to score anytime — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)
Match preview and statistics
Reims drew against Troyes (2-2) in Round 9 of the 2022-23 Ligue 1.
Reims did not play confidently in the first half. They controlled the ball 38% of the time and attacked only five times, whereas their rivals completed 27 attacks. Reims made three shots with one on target and bagged one goal. In the 13th minute, Folarin Balogun opened the score.
Troyes absolutely dominated in the second half, because their rivals received a red card in the 56th minute. They made 12 shots with five on target during 54 attacks controlling the ball 72% of the time, whereas Reims made only one shot on target and finished it successfully. Wilson Odobert leveled the score in the 51st minute, but Junya Ito scored the goal for his team in the 54th minute. Jackson Porozo scored the second goal for Troyes in the 90th minute.
A total of under 3.5 goals has played out in five of the last seven matches with Reims participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) this time.
Reims team news: Florent Duparchy — muscle injury, Thomas Foket — hamstring injury, Kaj Sierhuis – ligament injury.
PSG met Benfica (1-1) in the most recent match.
In the first half, the teams were approximately equal. PSG controlled the ball 58% of the time, attacked 19 times and made three shots with two on target, whereas Benfica made five shots which all were on target during 18 attacks. Lionel Messi opened the score in the 22nd minute, but Danilo leveled the score by scoring an own goal in the 41st minute.
Les Parisiens absolutely dominated in the second half, but they had problems with the realisation of their dangerous moments. Paris Saint-Germain made 12 shots with five on target, but did not score a goal. They attacked 47 times in this half, and their ball possession was equal to 62%.
Both teams have scored in four of the last six matches with PSG participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in this game.
PSG team news: Presnel Kimpembe — hamstring injury, Timothee Pembele — ligament injury.
Reims vs PSG H2H
PSG smashed Reims (4-0) in the last H2H fixture. They kept the game under control. Les Parisiens made 22 shots with eight on target and scored four goals. Sergio Ramos and Danilo scored one goal each, whereas Marco Verratti bagged two more goals for his team.
Reims controlled the ball only 32% of the match and made seven shots with three on target during 36 attacks.
Lineups and key players
PSG projected starting lineup:
- Gianluigi Donnaruma
- Sergio Ramos
- El Chadaille Bitshiabu
- Achraf Hakimi
- Marco Verratti
- Carlos Soler
- Nuno Mendes
- Lionel Messi
- Neymar Jr.
- Kylian Mbappe
Lionel Messi is the third best scorer for his team with five goals and seven assists in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. Messi has scored at least one goal in the last six matches with his participation.
Reims projected starting lineup:
- Patrick Pentz
- Andreaw Gravillon
- Emmanuel Agbadou
- Bradley Locko
- Maxime Busi
- Azor Matusiwa
- Kamory Doumbia
- Martin Adeline
- Nathanael Mbuku
- Alexis Flips
- Folarin Balogun
Folarin Balogun is the fifth best scorer in the 2022-23 Ligue 1. He has scored six goals and has made an assist in the 2022-23 season. Balogun scored one out of two goals for his team in the last match.
Prediction and betting tips
PSG are an unstoppable rival for Reims in the current forms of these teams. PSG have a streak of 26 matches without losses. Besides, they have won the last five H2H matches against Reims with all to nil.
Reims have won only one of the last 11 matches, which was against Angers. Also, they have not won a home match in the 2022-23 season. They did not have any chances to beat Paris Saint-Germain this time. However, PSG have conceded goals in four of the last six matches, which is the reason why their win to nil is not a safe outcome. Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG looks much better. Also, it has played out in the last five H2H matches against Reims.
Betting prediction: Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSG
Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)