Tampa Bay Lightning vs Carolina Hurricanes prediction and betting tips (November 3)
The Lightning have won five of the last six matches, but have been defeated in three of the last four H2H games against the Hurricanes. Who will win this time?
Nikita Kucherov was the first star of the most recent fixture with one goal and two assists
Nikita Kucherov was the first star of the most recent fixture with one goal and two assists
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Carolina Hurricanes fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Saturday, 3 November 2022, starting at 6:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 10:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 46%. The Carolina Hurricanes come with the odds of 3.10 (+210; 21/10) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 32%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.30 (+330; 33/10), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Tampa Bay Lightning vs Carolina Hurricanes (3 November 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Hurricanes — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)

Match preview and statistics

The Tampa Bay Lightning won over the Ottawa Senators (4-3) in the most recent fixture.

In the first period, the Senators played terribly, but they were lucky to finish one out of their three attempts to score successfully. The Lightning made 11 shots and won eight out of 15 face-offs. Dylan Gambrell opened the score in the sixth minute.

The Tampa Bay Lightning dominated in the second period. They made 16 shots and bagged one goal, whereas the Senators scored a goal making only five shots. Mikhail Sergachev leveled the score in the 24th minute, but Mathieu Joseph bagged his goal in nine minutes.

In the last period, the Lightning made seven shots and finished three of them successfully. The Ottawa Senators made seven shots and won 14 out of 25 face-offs. Alex Killorn, Brayden Point and Nikita Kucherov scored their goals for Tampa, whereas Claude Giroux bagged a single goal for his team in the period.

Nikita Kucherov and Brayden Point were the first and the second stars with two and one assists, respectively. Also, each of them bagged a goal. Andrei Vasilevskiy had a bad game. He saved only 80% of shots on target, which is his worst result in the 2022-23 season.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in three of the last four Tampa’s home matches. The same total comes with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) this time.

The Carolina Hurricanes beat the Washington Capitals (3-2 SO) in the last game.

In the first period, the Hurricanes made 11 shots and won 13 out of 23 face-offs, whereas the Capitals made only five attempts to score. Stefan Noesen opened the score by converting a power play opportunity in the fifth minute.

In the second period, the teams were approximately equal. The Carolina Hurricanes made six shots, whereas the Capitals made seven attempts to score. They won nine and eight face-offs, respectively. Dylan Strome and Alex Ovechkin scored two goals for the Capitals. Andrei Svechnikov leveled the score in the 36th minute.

We did not see any goals in the last period. The Carolina Hurricanes did not finish any of their 15 attempts to score successfully, whereas Frederik Andersen saved seven shots against. Dylan Strome and Alex Ovechkin did not score their bullets, which made the Capitals lose this match.

Stefan Noesen, Martin Necas and Jaccob Slavin were the first, second and third stars of the match, respectively.

The Hurricanes have scored two or less goals in four of the last five matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in this fixture.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Carolina Hurricanes H2H

The Hurricanes absolutely destroyed Tampa (5-1) in the 2022-23 NHL preseason. Sebastian Aho scored a goal, whereas Andrei Svechnikov finished the match with a goal and an assist. Vladislav Namestnikov scored a single goal for the Lightning.

Lineups and key players

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Mikhail Sergachev
  • Haydn Fleury
  • Brayden Point
  • Nikita Kucherov
  • Steven Stamkos

Nikita Kucherov was the first star of the most recent fixture with one goal and two assists. He has scored four goals and has made 11 assists in the 2022-23 NHL.

Carolina Hurricanes projected starting lineup:

  • Antti Raanta
  • Jaccob Slavin
  • Calvin de Haan
  • Sebastian Aho
  • Martin Necas
  • Andrei Svechnikov

Martin Necas is the best scorer for the Carolina Hurricanes with five goals and eight assists in the 2022-23 season.

Prediction and betting tips

The Tampa Bay Lightning started the 2022-23 season badly. They have only 12 points in 10 matches. However, they have won five of the last six matches. Victor Hedman will not play this time, which will make Tampa much weaker. Also, Andrei Vasilevskiy showed his worst performance in the season in the last game against the Senators.

The Hurricanes have lost three of the last six matches. Also, two out of three their won matches were finished in overtime. Also, they have been underdogs in two guest matches in the 2022-23 season and lost both. The Carolina Hurricanes have not beaten Tampa in regular time in the last five H2H games played in Amalie Arena. I believe that this match will be finished in favor of the Lightning.

Betting prediction: Tampa Bay Lightning to win

Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 11
Tampa Bay Lightning — Carolina Hurricanes
Lost
Tampa Bay Lightning to win
2.15
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!