Tampa Bay Lightning vs Edmonton Oilers prediction and betting tips (November 8)
The Tampa Bay Lightning have won four of the last five matches and lost a single one in overtime. Will the Oilers stop Tampa in this fixture?
Connor McDavid is the best scorer in the 2022-23 NHL with 12 goals and 13 assists
Connor McDavid is the best scorer in the 2022-23 NHL with 12 goals and 13 assists
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Tampa Bay Lightning vs Edmonton Oilers fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Tuesday, 8 November 2022, starting at 7:30 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 11:30 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Amalie Arena, Tampa.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Tampa Bay Lightning are priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 50%. The Edmonton Oilers come with the odds of 3.40 (+240; 12/5) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 28%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.50 (+350; 7/2), which equals an approximate probability of 22%.

The latest odds for Tampa Bay Lightning vs Edmonton Oilers (8 November 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Lightning — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Oilers — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)

Match preview and statistics

The Tampa Bay Lighting defeated the Buffalo Sabres (5-3) in the most recent fixture.

In the first period, the Lightning made seven attempts to score and won eight out of 16 face-offs, whereas their rivals made six shots. Nick Paul opened the scoreline in the eighth minute, but Zemgus Girgensons leveled it in nine minutes.

Tampa showed a confident play in the second period. They made 14 shots and completed eight interceptions. Brayden Point converted a power play opportunity in the 26th minute, but Casey Mittelstadt leveled the score being in power play too.

The last period, was Nikita Kucherov showtime. He helped his teammates to score two goals and bagged the third one to the empty net. Overall, the Lightning made nine shots, whereas the Sabres made eight attempts to score and finished one of them successfully.

Nick Perbix, Brandon Hagel and Nikita Kucherov were three stars of the match. Brian Elliot saved only 87.5% of shots against.

A total of over 6.5 goals has played out in three of the last four matches with the Lightning participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) in the next fixture.

The Edmonton Oilers were smashed by the Dallas Stars (2-6) in their 12th game of the season.

The Oilers had two power play opportunities and made 11 shots in the first period, but they did not score any goals. In the seventh minute, Joe Pavelski opened the score in favor of the Stars.

In the second period, the Dallas Stars absolutely dominated. They made 17 attempts to score, completed two interceptions and did not lose the puck. Colin Miller, Jason Robertson and Jamie Benn scored their goals for the Stars, whereas Leon Draisaitl bagged the first goal for the Oilers.

The Edmonton Oilers made 11 shots in the last period, but they won only eight out of 11 face-offs and lost the puck twice. Darnell Nurse scored a goal for the Oilers. Jamie Benn bagged two goals for his team to finish the match with a 2-0 score.

Jack Campbell’s performance was disappointing. He saved only 30 out of 36 shots against. Connor McDavid did not play his best match. He made five shots, but did not score any goals and finished the match with a -2 impact index.

Both teams have scored in the first period in three of the last five matches with the Oilers participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) this time.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Edmonton Oilers H2H

The Tampa Bay Lightning have met the Oilers twice in the 2021-22 season. The teams have won one game each. The Oilers won their home match with a 4-1 score, but lost the away match with a 3-5 score.

Lineups and key players

Tampa Bay Lightning projected starting lineup:

  • Andrei Vasilevskiy
  • Mikhail Sergachev
  • Haydn Fleury
  • Brayden Point
  • Nikita Kucherov
  • Steven Stamkos

Nikita Kucherov finished the last match the third star. He made three assists and scored a goal. Overall, Kucherov is the third best scorer in the league with six goals and 14 assists.

Edmonton Oilers projected starting lineup:

  • Jack Campbell
  • Darnell Nurse
  • Cody Ceci
  • Leon Draisaitl
  • Evander Kane
  • Connor McDavid

Connor McDavid is the best scorer in the 2022-23 NHL with 12 goals and 13 assists. He was unlucky to score any goals in the match against the Stars, but keeps being the best scorer for the Oilers.

Prediction and betting tips

The Tampa Bay Lightning are strong at the start of the season. They have won four of the last five matches. Also, they destroyed the Sabres in the last match in spite of the fact that Andrei Vasilevskiy did not play in this fixture. The Lightning won a single home H2H match against the Oilers in the 2021-22 season and this outcome looks safe this time.

Jay Woodcroft’s men lost their 12th and 11th games in the season. They were absolutely destroyed by the Stars. Also, they will play a guest match against the Washington Capitals in the day before their fixture against Tampa, which will make them play two games in a row, whereas Tampa will have rest for three days before a home match. Their current form and difficult conditions make the Oilers unlikely to win this fixture.

Betting prediction: Tampa Bay Lightning to win

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 13
Tampa Bay Lightning — Edmonton Oilers
Lost
Tampa Bay Lightning to win
2.00
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!