Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins prediction and betting tips (November 5)
The Boston Bruins have won 10 out of 11 matches in the 2022-23 NHL and have a streak of seven victories. Do the Maple Leafs have a chance to beat the Bruins this time?
John Tavares was the first star of the last match with three goals and one assist
John Tavares was the first star of the last match with three goals and one assist
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins fixture in the 2022-23 NHL will take place on Saturday, 5 November 2022, starting at 6:00 p.m. ET. The kickoff time is 10:00 p.m. by GMT this day. The venue is Scotiabank Arena, Toronto.

Latest odds on betting sites

The Toronto Maple Leafs are priced with the odds of 3.00 (+200 American; 2/1 Fractional) to win the next match in full-time, which equals an approximate probability of 33%. The Boston Bruins come with the odds of 2.25 (+125; 5/4) to take two points before the overtime. The chances of this outcome are approximately equal to 42%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.20 (+320; 16/5), which equals an approximate probability of 25%.

The latest odds for Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins (5 November 2022):

  • Over 6.5 goals — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
  • Under 6.5 goals — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) on Bruins — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) on Maple Leafs — 1.60 (-167; 3/5)

Match preview and statistics

The Toronto Maple Leafs smashed the Philadelphia Flyers (5-2) in the most recent game.

In the first period, the Maple Leafs made 17 attempts to score and completed five interceptions, whereas the Flyers made only six shots. Joel Farabee opened the score in the 14th minute. Auston Matthews and John Tavares scored two goals for the Maple Leafs.

The Flyers had four power play opportunities in the second period, but they made only nine shots. The Maple Leafs made 13 shots, but they did not score any goals.

In the last period, the Toronto Maple Leafs made 14 attempts to score and finished four of them successfully. The Flyers made 10 shots and completed eight blocks, but scored only one goal. Zach Aston-Reese and John Tavares scored three goals for the Maple Leafs, whereas Owen Tippett bagged a single goal for his team.

A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in nine of the last 10 matches with the Maple Leafs participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) this time.

The Boston Bruins destroyed the New York Rangers (5-2) in Round 11.

The Bruins made 11 shots and finished one of them successfully in the first period, whereas the Rangers made only five attempts to score. David Pastrnak opened the score in the 13th minute.

In the second period, the teams were approximately equal. The Boston Bruins made 10 shots, whereas their rivals made 12 attempts to score. Jim Montgomery’s men won eight out of 12 face-offs. Jimmy Vesey leveled the score in the 31st minute.

In the last period, the Bruins had two power play opportunities and made 16 shots, whereas the Rangers made only three attempts to score. Charlie Coyle, Trent Frederic, Jake DeBrusk and Hampus Lindholm scored their goals. Adam Fox bagged a single goal for the Rangers.

The Boston Bruins have scored at least four goals in the last four matches. The same result is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5) in this match.

Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins H2H

The Maple Leafs have won all three H2H matches against the Boston Bruins in the 2021-22 NHL.

Lineups and key players

Toronto Maple Leafs projected first lineup:

  • Ilya Samsonov
  • T. J. Brodie
  • Morgan Rielly
  • Mitch Marner
  • Auston Matthews
  • John Tavares

John Tavares was the first star of the last match with three goals and one assist. Also, he is the best scorer for his team. Tavares has scored seven goals and has made seven assists in the 2022-23 season.

Boston Bruins projected first lineup:

  • Linus Ullmark
  • Mike Reilly
  • Derek Forbort
  • David Pastrnak
  • Brad Marchand
  • Patrice Bergeron

David Pastrnak scored the first goal in the last game against the Rangers. He is the third best scorer of the 2022-23 NHL with eight goals and 11 assists.

Prediction and betting tips

The Toronto Maple Leafs are sixth in the Atlantic Division with only 12 points in 11 fixtures. They have lost four of the last five matches and won only the last match against the Flyers. However, the Maple Leafs have won over the Bruins in all matches in the 2022-23 NHL.

The Boston Bruins are best in the 2022-23 season with 20 points in 11 fixtures. They have a streak of seven fixtures. David Pastrnak is the third best scorer of the 2022-23 NHL and is in perfect form now, whereas Mitch Marner and Auston Matthews are not in their best form and scored only two and four, respectively.

The Bruins are much stronger right now and are able to beat the Maple Leafs, but I believe that we will see a draw in the regular time. A total of under 6.5 goals has played out in six of the last nine H2H matches and in nine of the last 10 matches with the Maple Leafs participating.

Betting prediction: Boston Bruins to win

Odds: 2.25 (+125 American; 5/4 Fractions)

Betting prediction: Under 6.5 goals

Odds: 2.15 (+115 American; 23/20 Fractions)

Ice HockeyNHL. Round 12
Toronto Maple Leafs — Boston Bruins
Won
Under 6.5 goals
2.15
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!