UCL Qualifiers 2022-23: PSV vs Rangers prediction and betting tips (August 24)
PSV has a streak of eight matches without losses with five victories. Will they extend this streak to qualify for the next stage?
Simons has scored three goals and has made two assists in the 2022-23 season.
Simons has scored three goals and has made two assists in the 2022-23 season.
by Alex Weaver Alex Weaver

The PSV vs Rangers fixture in the 2022-23 Champions League will take place on Wednesday, 24 August 2022, starting at 7:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Philips Stadion in Eidhoven.

Latest odds on betting sites

Rangers are priced with the odds of 4.40 (+340 American; 17/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 23%. PSV come with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to take Rangers down. The chances of this outcome are close to 53%. The draw is priced with the odds of 4.20 (+320; 16/5), which equals an approximate probability of 24%.

The latest odds for PSV vs Rangers (August 24):

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.25 (+125; 5/4)
  • Asian handicap (+1.5) goals on Rangers — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
  • Asian handicap (-1.5) goals on PSV — 2.95 (+195; 39/20)
  • Luuk de Jong to score anytime — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
  • Cody Gakpo to score anytime — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)

Match preview and statistics

PSV beat Go Ahead Eagles (5-2) in the Round 2 of the 2022-23 Eredivisie.

In the first half, PSV attacked perfectly. They controlled the ball 67% of the time and attacked 37 times. PSV made 11 shots with six on target, whereas Go Ahead Eagles made only two shots. Luuk de Jong, Xavi Simons and Armando Obispo scored three goals for PSV in this half. Isac Lidberg scored the first goal for Go Ahead Eagles in this half.

Ruud van Nistelrooy’s men played better than their rivals in the second half too. They controlled the ball 73% of the time and made 12 shots with five on target. In the 76th minute, Xavi Simons scored one more goal for his team. Oliver Edvardsen bagged his goal in the 80th minute. Joey Veerman scored the last goal in the 89th minute.

A total of over 2.5 goals has played out in 18 of the last 19 matches with PSV participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this fixture.

Rangers met Hibernian (2-2) in the most recent fixture.

The Teddy Bears did not give their rivals a chance in the first half. They controlled the ball 66% of the time and made six shots with one on target. Their rivals made only one shot which was not on target. In the 45th minute, James Tavernier scored the penalty to open the score.

In the second half, Hibernian played incredibly because Rangers received two red cards. They made 13 shots with five on target, but attacked only five times. Rangers controlled the ball only 44% of the time and made three shots with one on target. In the 58th minute, Tom Lawrence scored the second goal for his team. Martin Boyle and Josh Campbell scored their goals for Hibernian.

Both teams have scored in two of the last six matches with Rangers participating. Both teams not to score are priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115; 23/20) in this match.

PSV vs Rangers H2H

PSV drew against Rangers (2-2) in the Game 1. They did not show a confident play. PSV controlled the ball 44% of the time and attacked 34 times. He scored nine goals with four on target. Ibrahim Sangare and Armando Obispo scored their goals.

Rangers attacked confidently. They made 11 shots with seven on target and finished two of them successfully. The Teddy Bears completed 17 defensive actions in this match.

Lineups and key players

PSV projected starting lineup:

  • Walter Benitez
  • Ki-Jana Hoever
  • Andre Ramalho
  • Jarrad Branthwaite
  • Philipp Max
  • Ibrahim Sangare
  • Xavi Simons
  • Marco van Ginkel
  • Joey Veerman
  • Savio
  • Cody Gakpo

Xavi Simons is the best scorer in his team. He has scored three goals and has made two assists in the 2022-23 season. In the last match of the 2022-23 Eredivisie, he two goals and made an assist.

Rangers projected starting lineup:

  • Allan McGregor
  • Connor Goldson
  • Filip Helander
  • Ridvan Yilmaz
  • James Tavernier
  • James Sands
  • John Lundstram
  • Glen Kamara
  • Ryan Kent
  • Rabbi Matondo
  • Scott Arfield

Scott Arfield is a key player to watch out for. Arfieal scored two goals and made an assist in four matches of the 2022-23 Premiership.

Prediction and betting tips

PSV played well at the start of the season. They have a streak of eight games without losses. Besides, Ruud van Nistelrooy’s men have a streak of three H2H games against Rangers without losses. In the Game 1 of this series, PSV did not show their best play. Their attack was weak. They played confidently in the most recent match of the 2022-23 Eredivisie.

Rangers played badly in the most recent game. They received two red cards and were not able to show their best play. They will play aggressively in the next match if they want to qualify for the next stage. Both teams are in good form now. A total of over 2.5 goals looks safe. The same outcome has played out in 18 of the last 19 matches with PSV participating.

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

FootballUEFA Champions League. Qualifiers. Round 4. Game 2
PSV — Rangers
Lost
Over 2.5 goals
1.75
Post your tip!
Win cash in the Takebet free tipster competition every month. Learn more
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!