The Beatriz Haddad Maia vs Karolina Pliskova fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Canadian Open will take place on Saturday, 13 August 2022, starting at 10:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Sobeys Stadium, Toronto.
Latest odds on betting sites
Beatriz Haddad Maia is priced with the odds of 1.90 (-111 American; 9/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 52%. Karolina Pliskova comes with the odds of 1.95 (-105; 19/20) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 48%.
The latest odds for Beatriz Haddad Maia vs Karolina Pliskova (August 13):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Under 21.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (-0.5) games on Haddad Maia — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+0.5) games on Pliskova — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Haddad Maia — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Pliskova — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
Match preview and statistics
Beatriz Haddad Maia won over Belinda Bencic (2-6, 6-3, 6-3) in the last game.
The tennis players started the first set equally. They traded winning service games to a 2-2 score and did not give each other break point opportunities. However, Belinda Bencic did not leave her rival a chance. She won four games in a row converting 100% of break points.
Beatriz Haddad Maia reached a 40-0 score in the third game of the second set and converted the third break point to win it. In the sixth game, Belinda Bencic got a break point opportunity and was able to level the score, but she did not convert and Haddad Maia finished the set in her favor.
Belinda Bencic won the first two games in the last set, but Haddad Maia won the next three to come back. After a 3-3 score, Bencic had two break point, but she did not convert any, whereas Beatriz Haddad Maia converted a single break point in the eighth game, which was the winning one.
A total of over 20.5 games has played out in three of the last four matches with Beatriz Haddad Maia participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.85 (-117; 17/20) in this game.
Karolina Pliskova pulled Zheng Qinwen (4-6, 6-4, 6-4) in the most recent fixture.
Pliskova started the first set confidently. She saved a break point in the first game and converted a single break in the second one. However, after a 3-0 score, Qinwen showed an incredible comeback. She won five games in a row to reach a 3-5 score. Then she did not give Pliskova a break point and finished the set in her favor.
The second set started the same as the first one. Pliskova converted one out of two break point opportunities to reach a 3-0 score. After a 4-1 score, the Chinese tennis player won three games in a row to level the score, but Pliskova did not let Qinwen Zheng receive a lead this time. The Czech tennis player finished the set with a 6-4 score in her favor.
In the third set, the tennis players were absolutely equal. They traded winning service games to a 4-3 score in favor of Pliskova. Then the Czech tennis player won a return game to reach a 5-3 score. She was close to finishing the match at that moment, but her rival won the next return game and the chances equalized. In spite of this, Pliskova finished the match in her favor converting a single break point in the last game.
A total of under 9.5 games in the first set has played out in six of the last seven matches with Karolina Pliskova participating. The same total comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in this game.
Beatriz Haddad Maia vs Karolina Pliskova H2H
Beatriz Haddad Maia and Karolina Pliskova have met each other two times. Haddad Maia won the most recent fixture (6-3, 7-5) in the 1/16 finals of the 2021 WTA Indian Wells, whereas Pliskova won over Haddad Maia (6-1, 6-1) in the 1/32 of the 2018 Australian Open.
Prediction and betting tips
At the moment, Beatriz Haddad Maia looks much stronger than Karolina Pliskova. The Brazilian tennis player met much stronger rivals in this tournament and defeated them. He won over Leylah Fernandez, Iga Swiatek and Belinda Bencic to qualify for the current stage.
Karolina Pliskova has played well in the 2022 WTA Canadian Open, but her performance was not flawless. She was close to being eliminated by Qinwen Zheng in the previous stage, who is not the strongest rival for sure. Also, she lost the most recent game against Haddad Maia. The Brazilian tennis player looks a bit stronger, but I believe that we will see a close match in three sets.
Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets
Odds: 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional)