The Jessica Pegula vs Simona Halep fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Canadian Open will take place on Saturday, 13 August 2022, starting at 4:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Sobeys Stadium, Toronto.
Latest odds on betting sites
Simona Halep is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 67%. Jessica Pegula comes with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 33%.
The latest odds for Jessica Pegula vs Simona Halep (August 13):
- Over 20.5 games — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
- Under 20.5 games — 2.15 (+115; 23/20)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Halep — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Pegula — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Halep — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Pegula — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Jessica Pegula pulled Yulia Putintseva (6-3, 6-3) down in the most recent fixture.
Pegula received a fast lead in the first set. She won the first three games in a row. Pegula received three break point opportunities and converted one of them during these games. In the remaining games. Putintseca failed to bridge the gap and the set was finished with a 6-3 score. Pegula saved 100% of break points and won 73% of service games in this set.
In the second set, both tennis players showed flawless play in their service games. They did not give each other break point opportunities to a 2-2 score. In the fifth game, Pegula reached a 40-0 score and converted the second break point. She reached a 40-30 score in the ninth game and converted one out of five created break point opportunities to finish the match in two sets.
Pegula has average stats in the 2022 season. She has won approximately 71% and 59% of service games and points, respectively. The American tennis player has saved 60% of break points and converted 44% of break point opportunities. She has completed more than two aces per match on average.
A total of over 20.5 games has played out in three of the last four matches with Jessica Pegula participating. The same total is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this game.
Simona Halep beat Cori Gauff (6-4, 7-6) in the previous stage.
In the first set, the tennis players traded winning games to a 2-2 score. Halep received two break points in the fifth game and converted one of them. In the eighth game, Cori Gauff reached a 40-30 score, but Halep did not let her rival level the score. They traded the remaining games to finish the first set with a 6-4 score. The Romanian tennis player won 58% and 46% of service and return points, respectively.
Simona Halep started the second set well. She converted two out of three break points to win the first three games in a row. Then the tennis players showed approximately equal play. They traded winning return and service games to a 3-5 score. Simona Halep was close to finishing it fast, but Gauff leveled the score. In spite of this, Halep absolutely destroyed her rival in tie-breaks finishing it with a 7-2 score.
Simona Halep has shown confident play in the current season. She has won 75% of service games and 48% of return games. The Romanian tennis player has saved and converted 60% and 55% of break points respectively. She has made approximately three double faults per match.
Simona Halep has defeated all rivals in this tournament with a 2-0 score. Her victory in two sets comes with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) this time.
Prediction and betting tips
Both tennis players look equal at the moment. Jessica Pegula has won 10 of the last 13 fixtures, whereas Halep has won 10 of the last 12 games with a 2-0 score. Simona Halep defeated Cori Gauff in the last match. This fixture was close and we were able to see three sets, but the Romanian tennis player finished tie-breaks confidently.
In the last game against Yulia Putintseva, Pegula played carefully. She gave her rival only one break point opportunity in two sets and converted all her breaks. Overall, Pegula and Halep have met approximately equal rivals in this tournament and both have shown equal play against them. The winner of the fixture is unpredictable, but I believe that we will see a close match with a total of over 20.5 games.
Betting prediction: Over 20.5 games
Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)