The Naomi Osaka vs Danielle Collins fixture in the quarter-final of the 2022 WTA Miami will take place on Tuesday, 29 March 2022, starting at 11:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Sun Life Stadium, Miami.
Latest odds on betting sites
Naomi Osaka is priced with the odds of 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 60%. Danielle Collins comes with the odds of 2.50 (+150; 3/2) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 40%.
The latest odds for Naomi Osaka vs Danielle Collins (March 29):
- Over 21.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Under 21.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Osaka — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Collins — 1.65 (-154; 13/20)
- Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Osaka — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
- Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Collins — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
Match preview and statistics
Naomi Osaka eliminated Alison Riske (6-3, 6-4) in the previous stage.
Naomi Osaka saved four break points in the first game of the first set. Then she converted the second break in the next game. The tennis players played flawlessly in their service games to a 2-5 score. In the eighth game, Osaka received five breakpoints, but did not finish them successfully. She won the next one to finish the set.
Alison Riske won the first two games of the second set. However, then Osaka won the next four games to continue her domination in this match. She had overall three break points in the seventh game and ninth, but Riske saved them all to finish the set with a 6-4 score. Naomi Osaka received five break points and converted two of them. Also, she saved three out of four breakpoints.
We have seen a total of under 9.5 games in the first set in the last five matches with Naomi Osaka participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in this game.
Danielle Collins pulled Ons Jabeur (6-2, 6-4) down in the Round of 16.
In the first set, the tennis players traded winning service games to a 2-2 score. Then Collins won four remaining games easily. She did not give her rival a breakpoint in this set and converted two out of five breakpoints. Danielle Collins did not make a double fault and won 81% out of 21 points.
Ons Jabeur won the first return of the second set, but Danielle Collins converted a single break point in the second game to level the score. Then we did not see break points to a 5-4 score and both tennis players did not receive more than 30 points in return games. The American tennis player converted the next break point in the last game to finish the match.
Danielle Collins has won the first set in five of the last seven matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) this time.
Naomi Osaka vs Danielle Collins H2H
Osaka won over Danielle Collins (6-4, 6-2) in the 2019 Indian Wells. She won 70% and 49% of service and return points, respectively. Osaka received nine break points and converted four of them, but she did not save a single one.
Danielle Collins won five out of nine service games and one return game. She won 51% of service points. Collins saved five out of nine breakpoints and converted a single one.
Prediction and betting tips
Danielle Collins has won 14 of the last 17 matches. She is much stronger than in 2019 when she was defeated by Osaka. Danielle Collins played flawlessly in the most recent match against Ons Jabeur, who is so strong now. Naomi Osaka is a very strong player, but her current form is unstable. She has won five of the last eight matches, with one technical victory. Also, her rivals in this tournament were much weaker than Danielle Collins. I believe that she is not strong enough to beat the American tennis player in this match.
Betting prediction: Danielle Collins to win
Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)