The Ons Jabeur vs Daria Kasatkina fixture in the semi-final of the 2022 WTA Rome will take place on Saturday, 14 May 2022, starting at 3:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stadio del tennis di Roma, Rome.
Latest odds on betting sites
Ons Jabeur is priced with the odds of 1.30 (-333 American; 3/10 Fractional) to win, which equals an approximate probability of 70%. Daria Kasatkina comes with the odds of 3.40 (+240; 12/5) to win this match. The chances of her triumph are around 30%.
The latest odds for Ons Jabeur vs Daria Kasatkina (May 14):
- Over 20.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
- Under 20.5 games — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
- Asian handicap (-1.5) sets on Jabeur — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)
- Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Kasatkina — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
- Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Jabeur — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
- Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Kasatkina — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
Match preview and statistics
Ons Jabeur beat Maria Sakkari (1-6, 7-5, 6-1) in the most recent match.
Maria Sakkari showed incredible play in the first set. She easily won the first three games. Then Ons Jabeur won one service game and Sakkari won three more games to finish this set. Ons Jabeur had a single break point in the fifth game when she reached a 40-30 score, but Sakkari saved it.
The second set started with Maria Sakkari’s domination again. She won the first three games with two return games. Ons Jabeur won the next two games, but Sakkari won two more to reach a 5-2 score. However, the Tunisian tennis player showed an incredible comeback. She won five games in a row to finish the set with a 7-5 score. Jabeur did not give her rival break points during these five games and converted three out of four break points.
After this fantastic comeback, Ons Jabeur showed a flawless performance in the last set. She won the first three games in a row. She received two break point opportunities in the fourth one, but did not convert them. Despite this, she won the last three games to finish this match. Jabeur converted four out of six break points and did not give Sakkari a break point opportunity.
Ons Jabeur has won five of the last seven matches to nil. She is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) to beat Daria Kasatkina in two sets.
Daria Kasatkina won over Jil Teichmann (6-4, 3-2) in the quarter-final.
Jil Teichmann won the first two games of the first set. She saved three breaks in the first game and converted one out of two break points in the second one. Then Kasatkina won two games to level the score and the tennis players traded winning return games to a 4-5 score in favor of Daria. She finished the last game after a 40-0 score to win the first set.
Daria Kasatkina reached a 40-30 score in the third game of the second set, but Teichmann saved this break point. Kasatkina reached a 40-0 score in the fifth game and converted the first break point. Then Jil Teichmann refused to continue the match.
We have seen a total of over 9.5 games in the first set in the last five matches with Daria Kasatkina participating. The same total comes with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in this semi-final.
Ons Jabeur vs Daria Kasatkina H2H
Ons Jabeur destroyed Daria Kasatkina (6-3, 6-3) in the 2022 WTA Stuttgart. She won six out of nine service and return games each. Jabeur won 57% of service points and 54% of return points. She converted six out of 14 break point opportunities, but did not save a single one. Also, Jabeur made only one double fault in the match.
Daria Kasatkina won 46% of service games and 43% of return games. She reached only three break point opportunities, but converted them all. Also, she saved eight out of 14 break points.
Prediction and betting tips
Ons Jabeur has a streak of nine victories and she has won 15 of the last 17 matches. She has qualified for two finals in the last three tournaments with her participating and is close to qualify for one more.
In the quarter-final, Jabeur met an incredibly strong opponent and was close to being eliminated, but she showed a fantastic comeback and flawless play in the last set. Also, Ons Jabeur has won the last three H2H matches against Daria Kasatkina with two with a 2-0 score.
Kasatkina is not in her best form now. She sensationally defeated Paula Badosa in the Round of 16, but did not show a confident play against Jil Teichmann in the previous stage. I believe that Ons Jabeur will win this match with a 2-0 score.
Betting prediction: Ons Jabeur to win (2-0)
Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)