2022 Australian Open predictions: tournament preview
Fancy some big-time Australian tennis betting? Let’s roll, then! The Australian Open is the most sizable tennis competition held annually in Australia, in the city of Melbourne. It is one of four annual Grand Slam tournaments and goes first in the season calendar. Traditionally, the AO takes place in January and lasts for two weeks. It takes place in Melbourne Park, specially built for the competition and comprising twenty-four courts on 20 hectares. All courts are open ones.
The upcoming 2022 Australian Open will last from 17 January to 30 January 2022.
Takebet Zimbabwe will provide you with the best Australian Open predictions for the 2022 edition, in both singles and doubles, without charge!
Many notable performers will take part in the 2022 Australian Open. Below we have reviewed the top athletes that will feature in our Australian Open betting tips.
Novak Djokovic starts the 2022 tennis season by being ranked first in the world. The Serb ended last season with 11,540 points and three new Grand Slam titles to his name, including the 2021 Australian Open, where he thrashed Daniil Medvedev (7-5, 6-2, 6-2) in the final. That was the third consecutive Australian Open title and ninth overall for Novak.
Until now, Djokovic has won 20 Grand Slam titles, 37 ATP Masters tournaments, and 86 ATP singles tournaments. He is undoubtedly the most potent player among men at the moment. However, top youngsters Daniil Medvedev and Alexander Zverev threaten his reign.
Daniil Medvedev has all the chances to replace Djokovic as the world’s number one in the next few years, but he still struggles in most of their head-to-head encounters. Last season, the Russian succumbed to the Serb in the final of the 2021 Australian Open.
Daniil Medvedev had a fantastic ending to his 2021 tennis season. Medvedev won the 2021 US Open, triumphing over Novak Djokovic in three sets (6-4, 6-4, 6-4). In addition, he reached the final of two major tournaments, the Paris Masters and the ATP Finals. Medvedev also contributed to the Russians’ victory at the Davis Cup.
At the end of the 2021 ATP season, Medvedev had 8,640 points and was second in singles.
Alexander Zverev, the world’s third in singles, finished the last season with 7,840 points. His best career result at the Australian Open is the semi-final of the 2020 AO tournament.
Zverev won the 2021 ATP Finals and reached the semi-finals of the French Open and the fourth round of Wimbledon. In addition, Alexander won the Tokyo Olympics in singles by defeating Djokovic in the semis (1-6, 6-3, 6-1) and Karen Khachanov in the final (6-3, 6-1). On top of that, the German won the Madrid Open, the Cincinnati Masters and a few other ATP tournaments.
Ashleigh Barty is the world’s number one in singles. The Australian is the winner of two Grand Slam singles tournaments, the 2019 French Open 2019 and the 2021 Wimbledon. That said, Barty’s highest result at the Australian Open is the semi-finals of the 2020 edition.
Ashleigh Barty finished the 2021 WTA season with 7,582 points. Apart from Wimbledon, she won two WTA 1000 titles, the Miami Open and the Cincinnati Open. Barty also enjoyed moderate success on clay, winning the 2021 Stuttgart Open and reaching the Madrid Open finals.
The Australian will be rested after skipping the Indian Wells and the WTA Finals in 2021.
Naomi Osaka has a strong record at the Australian Open, winning the 2019 and 2021 editions of the tournament. However, the Japanese player has seen her rankings drop since she held the world’s number-one spot in 2019. Now Naomi is only 13th in the WTA singles rating.
Osaka suffered a meltdown of form, failing to deliver at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the 2021 US Open while being the star athlete of the Japanese Olympic team and the defending champion of the Grand Slam. After the US Open, she even announced a hiatus.
Nevertheless, Naomi Osaka is getting ready to defend her title at the 2022 Australian Open.
Emma Raducanu is a British newcomer who surprisingly won the 2021 US Open, beating Leylah Fernandez (6-4, 6-3). She made her first WTA Tour appearance in June of the same year and became the first woman in tennis history to win a Grand Slam tournament while starting from the qualifiers. Raducanu also reached the fourth round of the 2021 Wimbledon.
Emma Raducanu finished the 2021 WTA season as the 19th in the singles rankings with 2,595 points. The new 2022 tennis season may mark her breakthrough as not being random.
2022 Australian Open betting odds
On Takebet Zimbabwe, you will find Australian Open winner predictions and other outright betting picks featuring all the major favourites of the tournament. Below you will find the 2022 Australian Open tennis odds for both men’s and women’s singles tournaments.
Odds for the winner of the 2022 Australian Open men’s tournament:
- Novak Djokovic — 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)
- Daniil Medvedev — 3.20 (+225; 9/4)
- Alexander Zverev — 4.50 (+350; 7/2)
- Rafael Nadal — 11.00 (+1000; 10/1)
- Stefanos Tsitsipas — 13.00 (+1200; 12/1)
Odds for the winner of the 2022 Australian Open women’s tournament:
- Ashleigh Barty — 5.50 (+450 American; 9/2 Fractional)
- Naomi Osaka — 6.50 (+550; 11/2)
- Emma Raducanu — 10.00 (+900; 9/1)
- Garbine Muguruza — 11.00 (+1000; 10/1)
- Aryna Sabalenka — 11.00 (+1000; 10/1)
Our Australian Open betting tips in detail
On Takebet Zimbabwe, tennis experts provide free Australian Open betting tips of a few kinds.
Single bets are our primary focus. However, we feature Australian Open match predictions in accumulators, too. Each game pick constitutes an in-depth article that previews the tennis players’ form, fresh statistics, odds of the fixture, and relevant news.
There are Australian Open tennis predictions of the outright type alongside match picks. We provide betting tips on the tennis player to win the Australian Open tournament, the athlete to reach the final, and the total of matches won by a particular player.
Betting markets and odds of Australian Open tennis tips
Tennis is one of the wealthiest sports when it comes to betting opportunities. And as with any other Grand Slam, the Australian Open entails all possible tennis betting markets.
Here are some betting options Takebet Zimbabwe features in our expert picks:
- 1x2. Tips on the winner of a whole tennis match or any set.
- Over/under totals. Tips on the number of games or sets in a tennis match being over or under the predicted amount.
- Handicaps. Bets on a particular tennis player to win a match or any set with a positive or negative handicap (number of games or sets) added to the final score.
- Exact scores. Wagers on the correct score of sets in a tennis match.
- Stat and prop bets. Picks for the number of aces, double faults, breaks, etc.
We provide Australian Open 2022 predictions with all types of bets mentioned above. The odds vary! Our single Australian Open tennis tips have odds in the range from 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to 3.00 (+200; 2/1) on most occasions, while the odds of accumulator betting predictions are usually about 10.00 (+900; 9/1).
Australian Open match predictions
The signature treat of Takebet Zimbabwe is analytical articles featuring an in-depth exploration of any given match and betting tips. Our handicappers start from the first round and finish with the Australian Open final predictions.
We support every bet with carefully picked information on the players, their physical form and motivation, the latest results and trends, H2H, and more. In addition, the experts analyse odds to choose valuable bets!
We publish Australian Open tennis predictions 12-24 hours before a match.
Australian Open outrights
We offer tournament-long predictions alongside tips on stand-alone games.
First, there are Australian Open winner predictions: experts research all there is to know about the main favourites and dark horses with the potential to win. Secondly, handicappers post picks for the Australian Open that predict how far a particular tennis player will reach, who will meet in the final, bets on totals of aces, and such.
We offer betting tips on the 2022 Australian Open 1-2 weeks before the kick-off.
How experts analyse Australian Open for tennis predictions
Our tennis handicapper team thoroughly examines upcoming matches based on a range of data to come up with precise Australian Open tips.
Below are the essential criteria one should keep in mind when making Australian Open betting predictions:
- Court surface. The Australian Open has a hard surface. Some tennis players perform on a hard surface better than others, and our experts keep this in mind when analysing their H2H records and the most recent results.
- Physical conditions and recent form. The experts consider the physical form, recent injuries, and the latest results.
- Betting odds. Implied probabilities lying in bookie odds are analysed and taken into account to choose valuable bets.
- Motivation. This criterion is also worth paying attention to. The prize money and the number of points one can acquire, personal rivalries, psychological pressure, and fans’ support — all matter.
- H2H. Results of face-to-face meetings at the same tournament, on the same surface, as well as the most recent head-to-heads, are closely analysed for trends and hints.
- Statistics. When analysing previous games, experts pay their utmost attention to such factors as the number of aces, double faults, serve performance, etc. These statistics contribute to the analysis and help pick Australian Open tennis tips.
- News. Experts read interviews and follow all the latest comments made by tennis players about their form, motivations, results, and plans for the upcoming games.
By exploring these criteria, we provide you with our first-rate Australian Open tennis betting tips!
More betting predictions for tennis
The Australian Open is not the only tournament with tennis betting tips on Takebet Zimbabwe.
Access betting picks for the following tennis competitions:
Follow our website and place a bet on our Australian Open predictions!